Building Maintenance / Engineer Technician III, St. Paul
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Carondelet Village is seeking a Facilities Engineer/Tech III to join our team...
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Carondelet Village is seeking a Facilities Engineer/Tech III to join our team. This position is a hands on engineering position responsible for creating a safe and secure environment by maintaining the buildings, grounds, and equipment in a safe and efficient manner, consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices.
SCHEDULE/HOURS: Monday through Friday 8:00a-4:30pm
REPORTING STRUCTURE: This postiion reports to the Environmental Services Director
ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY
525 Fairview Avenue South
St. Paul, MN 55116
Located on the campus of St. Catherine University, Carondelet Village offers an array of amenities and conveniences and connections to St. Paul's Highland Park area. Many restaurants and shopping areas are conveniently nearby for residents and employees to enjoy. The Carondelet community consists of assisted living, memory care and long-term care offered in partnership between the Sisters of St. Joseph and Presbyterian Homes & Services.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Access to bus routes
- Off street parking (heated underground parking available for a monthly fee)
- Discounted meals for employees
- Free Fitness Center access with a pool and hot tub
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Care Center/Long Term Care
The Engineer is responsible for working independently as well as participating in team initiatives to execute assignments by site leadership.
Create a safe and secure environment by maintaining the buildings, grounds, and equipment in a safe and efficient manner, consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices.
Execute assigned responsibilities for buildings and grounds as defined by the site leadership to include:
- Building and Equipment repair
- Troubleshooting complex problems
- Working with contractors and vendors
- Maintain life safety systems
- Preventive maintenance routines
- Completion of daily work orders
- Building, grounds, and equipment maintenance
- Apartment turns
- Building maintenance
- Customer requests
- Snow removal
- Pool care
- Other projects as assigned
- 3-5 years experience in commercial or residential building maintenance.
- Able to work independently, multi task, follow directions and work under supervision.
- Relate well and provide a professional image and services to all customers.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
- Must be able to participate in an after hours emergency on-call rotation consisting of one week on-call at a frequency depending on the size of the on-call group.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
Apply at https://careers-preshomes.icims.com/jobs/12757/building-maintenance---engineer-technician-iii/job