Assistant Director of Nursing, Bloomington
Great Lakes Management is a dynamic and growing company with exciting opportunities for those who are passionate about serving people and making positive difference in the lives of others...
Assistant Director of Nursing
Great Lakes Management (GLM) is a dynamic and growing company with exciting opportunities for those who are passionate about serving people and making a positive difference in the lives of others. At GLM, we are driven by our mission and core values, and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to excellence. We offer a supportive and collaborative environment, as well as a range of benefits and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Joining the GLM team is a chance to be part of a highly successful and growing organization that is making a real impact on the world.
The role of the ADON is to ensure that the health and safety of all residents are met through weekly on-site visits with the residents and staff. The ADON will ensure that staff is trained in medical procedures and policies which are current and up to date. The ADON will also ensure that the facility is in compliance with current regulations and standards. Must be able to relate professionally with residents, staff and family members, display a positive work attitude and be able to work as a team with other staff members.
Assistant Director of Nursing Responsibilities:
- Completes initial assessment of potential residents to assure that their needs will be met.
- Assures residents maintain admission criteria, reassess and recommend alternative placement if necessary.
- Implements service agreements with all new residents. Reviews and revises service plan as needed and a minimum of 1x per year.
- Assures residents have up to date service agreements per state regulations.
- Monitors and maintains resident charts and clinical progress notes.
- Communicates to physicians and other personnel changes in resident’s needs or conditions.
- Facilitates coordination of resident services with other service providers.
- Assures all physicians orders are signed and implemented with-in 24 hours.
- Assures that medication administration procedures are followed properly and discusses any needed corrections, errors, etc., with staff.
- Reviews each resident’s medication sheet monthly and assures accuracy and appropriate signatures.
- Documents disposal of medication per procedure weekly.
- Performs supervisory visits 14 days after admission and at least every 90 days thereafter.
- Works as a team player with all members of the resident’s care team.
- Supports the Director of Staff Development to provide health and medication training to all new employees as well as continued education for all staff and documents such training to assure compliance with state, federal and local regulations.
- Supervises medication practices and medical equipment being used in the building.
- Monitors staff for accuracy of monthly resident blood pressures, weights and pulse as requested.
- Shares resident and family concerns with pertinent staff if appropriate.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures and implementation of them.
Assistant Director of Nursing Qualifications:
- Maintains a current state license as a Registered Nurse per state regulations.
- A minimum of one year experience in home health, assisted living or long term care is preferred.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to self-start and follow through with initiatives with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Experience using a resident record computerized system
- Experience working with seniors
Apply Here: Recruitment (adp.com)