Business Administrator, Minneapolis
Becketwood Minneapolis is seeking a Business Administrator to join our team!
Summary of Position: Responsible for administering the Cooperative's financial, accounting, accounts payable, tax, audit, payroll, and human resources functions. The Business Administrator works with and consults the Executive Manager on all functions but is expected to work independently and take initiative on all activities. The Business Administrator also assists the Finance and Investment Committees. NOTE: This position can work remotely some of the time. This can be coordinated with the Executive Manager.
Responsibilities and duties:
1. Manages the accounting functions for the Cooperative. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
a) Maintain Cooperative banking, checking and investment accounts.
b) Monthly billings and individual charges to Members.
c) Maintain records for various Committee Funds.
d) Prepare monthly financial reports and statements.
e) Prepare annual budget with the Executive Manager.
f) Maintains copies of all contracts.
2. Manage accounts payable functions.
3. Manage the staff payroll activities for the Becketwood staff with outside vendor.
4. Assist employees with and maintain employee benefit program, employee records. Assist Executive Manager with Human Resources.
5. Support and meet with the Finance and InvestmentCommittees and prepare agendas, information packets, and maintain meeting minutes. At the direction of those committees, and after the Board of Director's approval, complete approved financial transactions.
6. Coordinate the independent auditor's completion of the annual tax return and audit by scheduling meetings and preparing required documents. Prepare and report all 1099 and 1096 tax forms.
7. Coordinate and prepare Cooperative and Member property tax payments.
8. Work in a cooperative and respectful manner with other staff members.
1. Reports to the Executive Manager
2. Works with the chair of the finance and investment committees and takes minutes for those meetings.
3. Responds to member billing and account inquiries.
4. Works with members of various committees and maintains financial records for those committees.
5. Works closely with other staff members.
1. Minimum of 2 years financial accounting experience.
2. College degree; accounting or business major preferred. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
3. Experience in Senior Housing Finances preferred but not required.
4. Demonstrated abilities for problem solving, working independently, staying organized, meeting deadlines, and paying attention to details.
5. Good oral and written communication skills with an ability to work well with people.
6. Skilled with using current financial/business software.
7. Experience and proficiency with "PC" computers, and software programs including Microsoft Excel Word, and Dynamics.
8. Authorize and pass a criminal history background check.
9. Physical requirements of the position are:
a) Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
b) Ability to remain in a stationary position 80 percent of the time. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access filing cabinets and office machinery.
c) Answers the telephone and types on a computer keyboard and operates other office equipment.
Apply Here: Job Listings - Episcopal Homes of Minnesota Jobs (applicantpro.com)