JOB! Director of Nursing, Maplewood
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the direct supervision of all nursing operations with the building...
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the direct supervision of all nursing operations within the building, manages the nursing staff and ensures proper care of clients are delivered with exceptional service.
Essential Functions (Including but not limited to the following):
• Manages the health care of all clients, including the dissemination of information to families and staff.
• Facilitates continuity of care for those clients receiving home health care services.
• Communicates with client’s physicians.
• Assesses clients on a scheduled and as-needed basis, records significant conditions and changes. Responsible for nursing department 24/7, shares on-call duties.
• Notifies all key individuals on each client’s condition, as their conditions change, and keeps everyone informed upon needed treatments and any significant incidents that may occur unexpectedly.
• Coordinates with other departments to assure quality and pro-active care is delivered consistently to each client.
• Initiates a client care plan according to the individualized needs of the client, as prescribed by physician and/or facility policy. Provides client and family instruction. Stays current on all nursing cares and procedures by attending educational seminars.
• Explains procedures and treatments to clients to gain cooperation, understanding and alleviate apprehension.
• Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures and protocol.
Leadership and Supervision
• Coaches and counsels employees on individual performance expectations.
• Manages nursing operations and leads and teaches staff to adhere to all expected nursing best practices.
• Educates and trains staff, develops on-going training materials for nursing staff and focuses on team development and appropriate delegation of tasks within the nursing and care department.
• Supervises the maintenance of client charts, reviews documentation performed by caregiving staff including medication administration records.
• Monitors the medication given to clients.
• Creates solutions for all employee, client and family concerns.
• Promotes company in a positive manner and communicates company’s values to all audiences.
Administration, Documentation and Communication Duties
• Infection Control monitoring.
• Review of all incident reports and follow up as necessary.
• Review of all medication errors and staff re-training.
• Maintains all TB records in compliance with MN Department of Health.
• Conducts pre-admission screening of prospective clients. Updates pre-admission assessment of clients as appropriate.
• Before and upon client admission, completes all required documentation including nursing assessments, plans of care, medications and other assigned forms.
• Updates Home Care Provider Client Roster monthly.
• Maintains nursing attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• MN Registered Nurse license in good standing
• Able to read, write and speak English
• Good computer software skills
• Skill in recognizing physical, mental, and emotional needs of clients
• Ability to exhibit professional behavior and attitudes
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations and nursing standards
• Must be able to handle stress and be calm under pressure
• Current First Aid, CPR and AED trainee
• Must have access to reliable transportation
• Must have a valid driver’s license. Driving may be necessary.
• Ability to lift/carry objects weighing up to approximately 30 lbs. or more and to meet all physical requirements related to this position.
• Able to respond to emergency calls, and work on call as necessary
• Experience in working with older adults.
• Minimum of three years of experience in a related field.
Apply at https://jobs.apploi.com/view/1020263