Admissions & Resident Services Manager, St. Paul
Dellwood Gardens Assisted Living, a 101-unit housing with services community in St. Paul, MN, is now hiring a Admissions & Resident Services Manager...
To market and maintain census goals of Dellwood Gardens. Primary tasks include conducting tours, identifying current resident needs, providing resources for service coordination assessments, counseling, case management, as well as educational and supportive services to residents in need of help to maintain independence and self-sufficiency.
- Four-year degree in relevant field required.
- Social Work and/or Marketing experience preferred.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position.
- MN driver’s License.
Other Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
This position requires incumbent to have:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and statutes that pertain to home care.
- Expertise in working with older adult populations.
- Ability to market in support of meeting and maintaining census and retention goals.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal: to be able to read aloud, speak in front of groups and formulate ideas on paper.
- Organizational skills.
- Able to work irregular hours, occasional weekends and evenings.
- Possess leadership/supervisory skills.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
Job Function: Assist in maintaining optimal census of the company.
- Continuously monitor and ensure a prompt response to residents.
- Track inquiries and referrals of applicants.
- Develop and maintain waiting lists and/or interest list.
- Select, approve, and certify residents in compliance with regulatory agencies and standards set by Dellwood Gardens.
- Continuously maintain positive connections and relationships with neighborhood agencies, organizations, and individuals to ensure optimal marketability.
- Meet and provide information to prospective residents.
- Ensure residents maintain admission criteria, reassess, and recommend alternative placement if necessary.
- Lead through admission process with residents and assist them during transition period.
- Upon discontinuation of services, process all needed information in a timely manner and pass on to other staff as needed.
- Support planning, coordination, and execution of resident move-ins and moveouts.
Job Function: Provide resident services support and address needs for programs and services of a challenging and diverse resident population.
- Make recommendations for financial, social, and personal needs of the residents.
- Be receptive to residents’ questions, comments, complaints, and service requests taking prompt corrective action. Directs problems to the Assisted Living
- Director as needed.
- Take appropriate action in case of emergency.
- Inform residents of rights, responsibilities, policies and procedures.
- Support the efforts and activities of the residents, resident meetings and other resident groups.
- Recommend changes, improvements, new services and policies, etc. to the
- Assisted Living Director as appropriate to ensure optimal, high quality operations.
- Respond to a wide variety of resident and family requests, needs, and situations and provide resources and options.
- Empower residents to make decisions for themselves to the greatest extent possible.
- Continuously assess residents’ needs and strengths.
- Serve as a designated reporter (Vulnerable Adult Protection mandated reporter).
- Maintain, at all times, privacy and confidentiality of resident, resident’s records and resident living environment.
- Demonstrate ability to work with autonomy, operating with the ability to make in the moment management decisions, acting appropriately on behalf of the company and following through to achieve resolution.
Job Function: Participate and function effectively as a team member.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Assisted Living Director and all other Dellwood Gardens staff, including providing backup to other staff as needed.
- Articulate information regarding residents to the team.
- Provide work direction and training for interns or volunteers when needed.
- Provide proactive, constructive participation in staff meetings, committees, etc.
- Assist other departments with special events and family functions.
- Be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Respond appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and other emergency situations.
- Report injuries to self, residents or visitors immediately to Assisted Living Director.
- Communicate regularly with the Assisted Living Director to discuss problems and possible solutions.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Job Function: Provide office and administrative support.
- Retrieve phone messages and answer phones regularly, taking messages as needed.
- Establish proper formatting techniques and grammar when typing documents.
- Maintain confidentiality of all material.
- Support CRM and ServiceMinder prospect and resident data entry.
- Assist with program or meeting arrangements for special functions.
- Maintain resident files, apartment files, and appropriate documents as required by management both monthly and yearly.
- Keep Assisted Living Director informed and advised of needs and problems.
- Copy and fax materials as needed.
Job Function: Complete essential paperwork
- Prepare, record, submit and maintain accurate and timely correspondence and paperwork regarding resident data, billing information, and assessment/evaluations.
- Keep accurate marketing records and turn in information to the Assisted Living Director monthly.
- Communicate and document resident data to staff as needed.
- Responsible for operating within budget guidelines.
- Document as required.
- This position reports to and is supervised by the Assisted Living Director.
- Develop good working relationship with entire on-site staff.
- Support the Mission of Dellwood Gardens and establish good working relationships with Executive staff.
- Establish positive relationships with residents.
- Establish positive relationships with guests, vendors, and surrounding community.
- Actively participate in professional associations related to the job.
To apply send resume and cover letter to Lindsay Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org