Director of Nursing, Minnetonka $5,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
The role of the Director of Nursing (DON) is to ensure that the health and safety of all residents are met....
$5,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS!!!!
Making a positive difference in the lives of…
Our RESIDENTS by creating vibrant communities they are excited to call home.
Our EMPLOYEES by empowering them to succeed in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Our CLIENTS through wise stewardship of the physical and financial assets they entrust to us.
Our SERVICE PROVIDERS through reliable and mutually beneficial partnerships.
The role of the Director of Nursing (DON) is to ensure that the health and safety of all residents are met through assessments of the residents, development and implementation of appropriate plans of care, supervision of residents’ services, supervision of clinical staff and on-going training of clinical staff. The DON will ensure that staff is trained in nursing procedures and policies which are current and up to date. The DON will also ensure that the assisted living services are in compliance with current regulations and standards. The DON must be able to relate professionally with residents, staff and family members, display a positive work attitude and be able to work as a team with other staff members.
- Must be registered and licensed with the State of Minnesota as a RN, license must be current.
- Licensed Assisted Living Director (LALD) in MN, preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in home health, assisted living or long term care supervising staff.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to self-start and follow through with initiatives with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Exhibits a caring heart with a passion to care for the elderly.
- Possesses good judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using an electronic resident record system.
- Experience working with seniors.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Able to read, write, spell, do basic math, speak and understand English.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Completes initial assessment of prospective residents requesting an assessment and develops a proposed service plan prior to the date on which a client signs a residency agreement or moves in, if possible.
- If a face-to-face assessment is not possible prior to the date the resident signs a residency agreement or moves in, the DON will talk via telephone with the prospective resident, the resident’s responsible person and/or current health care providers, if possible, to provide information about the assisted living services available to residents and to gather information about the resident’s needs prior to the date on which the resident signs a residency agreement or moves in.
- Completes assessment no later than seven days after move-in and before any delegated nursing services are provided to the resident.
- Implements service agreements with all new residents. Reviews and revises service plan as needed due to changes in residents’ needs and a minimum of once every 12 months.
- Assures residents have up-to-date care plans. Reassesses the resident and modifies the service plan if necessary whenever the resident has a fall or other incident, whenever there is a significant change in the resident’s condition or if the resident or the resident’s responsible person requests a change in services.
- Assures that proper systems, policies and procedures are developed and implemented correctly by licensed and unlicensed staff regarding the storage, set up, administration and disposal of medications, including systems to control Schedule II drugs
- Assures that medication administration procedures are followed properly, investigates any errors and issues with staff and implements corrective action as needed.
- Assures that each clinical staff person is oriented to the individual needs of each resident the person will serve.
- Performs supervisory visits no later than 14 days after admission, at least every 90 days thereafter based on the resident’s needs, and as needed to evaluate each resident’s assisted living services.
- Supervise RN’s and LPNs’ and unlicensed staff’s performance of delegated nursing services. Conducts evaluation of staff performance of delegated nursing services in coordination with the Executive Director through appropriate documentation and consistent with agency personnel policies.
- Monitors and maintains resident charts and clinical progress notes.
- Communicates changes in resident’s needs or conditions to physicians and other personnel.
- Facilitates coordination of resident services with other service providers.
- Is responsible for ordering medications and all medication renewals as well as any necessary follow-up with physicians regarding medications and/or medical conditions.
- Assures all physicians orders are signed and implemented within 24 hours.
- Assures that medication administration procedures are followed properly and discusses any needed corrections, errors, etc., with staff.
- Assures new medication sheets are in place by the first of each month.
- Reviews each resident’s medication sheet monthly and assures accuracy and appropriate signatures.
- Communicates in resident’s log any information that staff need to be aware of.
- Documents disposal of medication per procedure each week.
- Works as a team player with all members of the residents’ care team.
- Provides all new clinical employees with required training on “core training,” medications and other tasks to be performed and provides continuing education for all staff and documents such training to assure compliance with state, federal and local regulations.
- Supervises medication practices and medical equipment being used in the building.
- Assures that staff clearly understands and follow all resident care procedures.
- Monitors staff for accuracy of monthly resident blood pressures, weights and pulse as requested.
- Shares resident and family concerns with pertinent staff if appropriate.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures and implementation of them.
- Identifies as early as possible when resident’s needs are likely to exceed the services that The Glenn Minnetonka can safely provide; communicates these concerns to the resident and responsible person both verbally and in writing and helps the resident in obtaining other needed services.
- Responsible for investigating and reporting incidents of suspected resident neglect and/or abuse and reporting these findings to appropriate county officials, in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Adapts to changes in the AL industry.
- Promotes a positive, team approach and a healthy work environment.
- Assures compliance with regulations and is available for federal and state licensure surveys.
Physical Requirements (based on essential responsibilities)
- Must be able to frequently perform tasks such as, but not limited to, those listed below:
- Must be able to move throughout the workday and throughout the building.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Move, push, pull and/or lift objects weighing 10 to 25 pounds.
- Use hands and arms for simple grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Perform tasks requiring actions of muscles or groups of muscles to walk, stoop, bend, lift, and to carry objects.
- Walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Speak clearly and make self-understood in face-to-face interactions.
- See objects closely to read directions, instructions, etc.
- Hear normal sounds and voices with some background noise to receive verbal instructions, answer telephones, communicate with others, etc.
Works indoors in a climate-controlled environment majority of the time.
Typically Monday through Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm. The work schedule and hours may vary from week to week. You may be required to be on-call and/or work beyond the normal schedule which includes weekends and holidays.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; additional details will be specified by the supervisor. The employee will also perform other reasonable business duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties and hours as needs prevail.
- Gentle Touch Health Initiatives is an at-will employer. This job description is a guideline and does not constitute a written or implied employment contract.
Apply at https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Great-Lakes-Management-Co./jobs?q=director+of+nursing&l=Minnetonka%2C+MN#cmp-skip-header-desktop