Dietary Director, Sleepy Eye
Come join our awesome team as a Dietary Director at Sleepy Eye Care Center...
Come join our awesome team as a Dietary Director at Sleepy Eye Care Center. We are offering a generous retention incentive of $8,500.00!!
Sleepy Eye Care Center is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Dietary Director Job Highlights:
- Generous “refer a friend” bonuses!
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Career scholarships;
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
About the job:
The Dietary Director will provide quality food service in accordance with all State and Federal regulations and to meet the nutritional and individual needs of the residents. The Dietary Director will manage the operation of the Dietary department to include staffing, department purchasing, food preparation, food delivery and clean-up in accordance with facility policies, physician orders, resident care plans and appropriate regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Qualified Dietitian, or other nutrition-related Bachelor’s Degree, or successful completion of state-approved food service management course (Certified Dietary Manager or Dietary Technician).
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public.
- Numerical ability to make various computations in planning department objectives, keeping work records and schedules, preparing budgets, requisitioning supplies and monitoring inventory control.
- Adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of preparing and carrying quantity foods.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
At VOANS, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations’ shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.