RN, Hopkins $5,000.00 Sign on Bonus
The role of the RN is to ensure that the health and safety of all residents are met through on site visits with the residents and staff...
$5,000.00 Sign on Bonus
The role of the RN is to ensure that the health and safety of all residents are met through on site visits with the residents and staff. The RN will ensure that staff is trained in medical procedures and policies which are current and up to date. The RN will also ensure that the facility is in compliance with current regulations and standards. Must be able to relate professionally with residents, staff and family members, display a positive work attitude and be able to work as a team with other staff members.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Completes initial assessment of potential residents to assure that their needs will be met.
- Completes assessment within two weeks of admission.
- Assures residents maintain admission criteria, reassess and recommend alternative placement if necessary.
- Collaborates and contributes to create service agreements with all new residents. Reviews and revises service plan as needed and a minimum of 1x per year.
- Assures residents have up to date service agreements per state regulations.
- Monitors and maintains resident charts and clinical progress notes.
- Communicates to physicians and other personnel (county caseworkers) changes in resident’s needs or conditions.
- Facilitates coordination of resident services with other service providers.
- Oversees medications and all medication renewals as well as any necessary follow-up with physicians regarding medications and/or medical conditions.
- Assures all physicians orders are signed and implemented with-in 24 hours.
- Assures that medication administration procedures are followed properly and discusses any needed corrections, errors, etc., with staff.
- Assures new medication sheets are in place by the first of each month.
- Reviews each resident’s medication sheet monthly and assures accuracy and appropriate signatures.
- Communicates in resident’s log any information that staff need to be aware of.
- Documents disposal of medication per procedure.
- Performs supervisory visits 14 days after admission and at least every 90 days thereafter.
- Works as a team player with all members of the residents care team.
- Provides health training to new employees as well as continued education for all staff; documents training in compliance with state, federal and local regulations.
- Supervises medication practices and medical equipment being used in the building.
- Assures that staff clearly understands and follow all resident care procedures.
- Monitors staff for accuracy of monthly resident blood pressures, weights and pulse as requested.
- Shares resident and family concerns with pertinent staff if appropriate.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures and implementation of them.
- Attends monthly staff meetings.
- Works as a team to assure emergency procedures are in place.
- Is flexible and willing to expand and adapt to changes in the AL industry.
- Promotes a positive, team approach and a healthy work environment.
- Able to work flexible hours and be available to respond to the campus during off-duty hours regarding clinical concerns and emergencies, per on-call schedule.
- Assures compliance with regulations and is available for federal and state licensure surveys.
- Maintains a current state license as a Registered Nurse per state regulations.
- A minimum of one year experience in home health, assisted living or long term care is preferred.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to self-start and follow through with initiatives with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Exhibits a caring heart with a passion to care for the elderly.
- Possesses good judgment, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using a resident record computerized system
- Experience working with seniors
Physical Requirements (based on essential responsibilities)
Must be able to frequently perform tasks such as, but not limited to, those listed below:
- Must be able to move throughout the work day and throughout the building.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Move, push, pull and/or lift objects weighing 10 to 25 pounds.
- Use hands and arms for simple grasping, pushing and pulling
- Perform tasks requiring actions of muscles or groups of muscles to walk, stoop, bend, lift, and to carry objects
- Walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Speak clearly and make self-understood in face-to-face interactions
- See objects closely to read directions, instructions, etc.
- Hear normal sounds and voices with some background noise to receive verbal instructions, answer telephones, communicate with others, etc.
Works indoors in a climate-controlled environment majority of the time.
The work schedule and hours may vary from week to week. The RN may be required to work beyond the normal schedule which includes weekends and holidays.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; additional details will be specified by the supervisor. The employee will also perform other reasonable business duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties and hours as needs prevail.
Gentle Touch Health Initiatives is an at-will employer. This job description is a guideline and does not constitute a written or implied employment contract. GTHI is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled.
Apply at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=bcf9a095-254d-4b45-b4e6-d8e91f28a359&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CurrentOpenings