Assisted Living RN, Minneapolis
Rakhma Homes champions dignity is recruiting for an Assisted Living RN with flexible FTE of .6-1.0 for our three-campus organization in the Twin Cities...
Rakhma Homes champions dignity in the care of individuals living with memory loss in a familiar home environment. We are recruiting for an Assisted Living RN with flexible FTE of .6-1.0 for our three-campus organization in the Twin Cities. Our 3 locations are small, residential homes serving up to 10-14 residents in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Minnetonka. Rakhma is a small non-profit with a highly collaborative leadership team of which the Assisted Living RN would be an essential part.
The RN Support Staff work collaboratively with all in-home Physician/NP services and Hospice Nurses, providing outstanding communication with families and ancillary services. Assessments of physical, emotional, spiritual, and psycho-social status of residents resulting in comprehensive person-centered service plans are a top priority. Day to day documentation and implementation of nursing care based on resident needs and response to plan of care is required. The RN Support Staff will assist with investigating staff and resident incidents and accidents, determining a cause, and implementing corrective action plans. Management of the medications and processes to ensure accuracy and availability will ensure regulatory requirements are met. The RN Support Staff reports to the Director of Nursing while working closely with the Site Directors, House Managers and Training Manager.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Registered Nurse, BSN preferred. Current licensure in the State of MN required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with elderly population or vulnerable adults. Experience working with
- Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience supervising staff, to include unlicensed nursing personnel.
- Computer proficiency to include MS Office, electronic health records (Eldermark preferred), other digital platforms.
- Proven ability to lead, with attention to developing a culture of continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills (verbal, written, phone).
- Proficient in time-management, organization, decision-making, and flexibility. Ability to anticipate and respond
- effectively to emerging needs.
- Strong internal motivation and organization skills.
- Ability to remain calm and redirect residents in an appropriate manner at all times.
- Frequent use of standard office equipment (telephone, computer, printer, fax, copy machine).
- Sitting for long periods of time and/or work on feet for long periods of time. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, and twisting. Frequent full range of motion, manual dexterity, and eye-
- hand coordination.
- Presence at one of our residences for majority of hours.
- May spend part of day documenting in office space at residence.
- Driving between residences, and other driving as related to the job, within metro area.
- Share on-call responsibilities with other nursing staff for all three campuses.
Job Type: Flexible FTE. Exempt; benefit eligible; on call shared. Pay: $73,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year DOQ.
Apply at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1310897/Rakhma-Inc/Assisted-Living-RN