Community Life Assistant, Hopkins
Responsible to assist Community Life Coordinator in planning and leading a variety of activity programs designed to meet the resident’s social, physical, mental, emotional, and sensory needs...
Terraces Activity Coor. Full-time Regular
Gentle Touch -Terraces, Hopkins, MN, US
At GLM we don’t have a job – we have a Mission – to make a positive difference in the lives of others. We are driven by our core values of Accountability, Compassion, and Teamwork. We come to work ready to win the day, every day, which creates a dynamic work environment where employees feel empowered and encouraged. GLM is committed to attracting, training, and retaining the highest quality employees, as demonstrated by the current average tenure of corporate-level employees of 9 years and the executive team of over 18 years.
Responsible to assist Community Life Coordinator in planning and leading a variety of activity programs designed to meet the resident’s social, physical, mental, emotional, and sensory needs.
- 401K Match
- Excellent and affordable health care benefits
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Floating Holidays
- Free meal to all employees per shift (+ Dessert!)
- Tuition Discount Opportunities/ Scholarships/ Student Loan Forgiveness (site-specific, ask for details)
- Responsible for assisting Community Life Coordinator with planning, promotion, and facilitating/leading activity events and programs.
- Assess the resident’s recreational and social needs.
- Support development of monthly Activity Calendar of Events.
- Lead small, large, and one on one activity programs with seniors.
- Research and recommend to the Supervisor entertainment/educational speakers/church representatives, etc. that may enrich the activity schedule.
- Assist with the coordination of transportation needs to outside events/programs in accordance with established policies and procedures. Accompany residents on field trips as assigned.
- Assist the Supervisor with:
- the creation of the monthly newsletter and activity calendars,
- the recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers assigned to support activity programs
- the monitoring, leading, and evaluation of all activities programs
- the communication of special events and items needing special promotion
- Assist the Community Life Coordinator with the training and mentoring of Resident Assistants assigned to Memory Care in the portion of their responsibilities that includes leading activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of activities experience in retirement, assisted living or long-term care facility serving a senior population.
- Ability to use basic Windows, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) computer programs.
- Creativity in developing and planning activity programs.
- Group leadership and interpersonal skills to lead one on one, small and large group activities.
- Able to make responsible choices and decisions, and act in a resident’s best interest.
- Strong organizational skills
- Good work ethic
- Maintains confidentiality
- Able to read, write, spell, do basic math, speak and understand English
Physical Requirements (based on essential responsibilities)
Must be able to frequently perform tasks such as, but not limited to, those listed below:
- Stand; sit for extended periods of time while conducting activity programs.
- Bend, squat to interact with residents, or work with activity supplies
- Move, push, pull and/or lift objects weighing 10 -25 pounds.
- Use hands and arms for simple grasping, pushing, and pulling in using supplies for activity programs.
- Perform tasks requiring actions of muscles or groups of muscles to walk, stoop, bend, lift, and carry objects.
- Speak clearly and make self-understood in face-to-face interactions
- See objects closely to read directions, instructions, warnings, etc.
- Hear normal sounds and voices with some background noise to receive verbal instructions, answer telephones, communicate with others, etc.
- Works indoors in a climate-controlled environment majority of the time.
- Works outdoors in elements of seasonal weather for periods of time to conduct field trips.
Typically work days are Tuesday through Saturday. Hours typically are scheduled between 12:00 PM – 8:30 PM. Hours may be adjusted occasionally to meet programming needs. The work schedule and hours may vary from week to week.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; additional details will be specified by the supervisor. The employee will also perform other reasonable business duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties, and hours as needs prevail.
Great Lakes Management Company is an at-will employer. This job description is a guideline and does not constitute a written or implied employment contract. GLM is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled.
Apply at https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Great-Lakes-Management-Co./jobs?jk=547338bb236c154c&q=&l=hopkins&start=0