Maintenance Technician, Minneapolis
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs...
Maintenance Technician - Be a part of a Brand New Beautiful Community!
The Hillock is hiring a Maintenance Technician. The Hillock will be a newly constructed 100-unit affordable community funding through low income tax credits and located in Minneapolis. It will include 11 units dedicated to provide homes to otherwise homeless veterans as well as four units dedicated to individuals participating in programming offered by Hennepin County.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota’s 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for basic maintenance tasks in addition to janitorial duties. The Maintenance Technician may also be responsible for lawn mowing and snow removal.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses, repairs, and services building mechanical needs including minor plumbing (faucets, etc.), electrical (replace lamps, etc.), and mechanical (furnace, air conditioning, etc.).
- Responsible for janitorial duties such as carpet extraction, specialty cleaning tasks, and hard floor care. This may also include routine housekeeping tasks.
- Performs minor carpentry and drywall/painting tasks.
- Operates building equipment including air handling equipment (including filter/belt replacement) and emergency power generators (including minor engine maintenance).
- Responsible for reporting and recording equipment data in preventive maintenance software.
- Provides basic grounds maintenance including cutting grass and snow removal.
Maintenance Technician I LIHTC
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some previous janitorial/maintenance experience
- Current valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable).
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Globally Harmonized System (GHS), Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Some post-secondary education in related field
- Previous experience working with seniors as well as 1-2 years janitorial/maintenance experience
- Licensure/Certification: May be required to hold a boiler operator’s license as mandated by state/city.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We participate in E-Verify.
Apply at https://careers-ecumen.icims.com/jobs/22941/maintenance-technician/job