Certified Medical Assistant, St. Paul $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
The Certified Medical Assistant will be responsible for providing clinical, clerical, and technical support to assist the physicians (MD/DO) and Advanced Practice Clinicians (NP/PA) in the primary care setting...
Who we are:
At Herself Health, we’re on a mission to improve health and wellness for women 65 and up. We are building a new model of primary care to solve long standing problems - rushed appointments, long wait times, and care that’s generalized rather than specialized towards women’s issues later in life such as bone loss, weight fluctuation, and changes in mental, social and emotional well-being.
We have built out a best-in-class early team who is driving the launch of our first clinics in Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN. We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join us.
Day in the Life
- Support our clinician staff in providing specialized, compassionate primary care to women 65+ on Medicare / Medicare Advantage plans
- Focus on gender and age-appropriate treatments to include bone health, hormonal health, weight management and emotional / mental / social well-being
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to support a clinical model centered on the whole patient
- Dedicated CMA time with each patient - no rushed appointments
- Utilize your skills: Phlebotomy, injections, POC lab testing, EKG
- In-Clinic training and support by RN and Clinician leadership
Benefits & Perks
- $20-$30 hourly (based on years of experience) and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K with match
- Flexible schedules with 2 full-time options (40 or 30 hours)
- 5 weeks annually of paid time off
- $2000 Sign-On bonus
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave (maternal, paternal and adoption)
- Reimbursement for necessary certifications/licensure for role
- A collaborative, supportive and technology-forward environment
- Opportunity for career development and growth
About the Job
The Certified Medical Assistant will be responsible for providing clinical, clerical, and technical support to assist the physicians (MD/DO) and Advanced Practice Clinicians (NP/PA) in the primary care setting. S/he will be responsible for working with the Herself Health clinical team to provide outstanding patient care, communication, and outcomes. The Medical Assistant will play a vital role in establishing relationships with patients and ensuring every patient feels supported, heard, and trusted.
This position is full time and will work 10 hour shifts.
- Rooming patients with efficiency, modeling our “customer service first” values.
- Schedule patient appointments immediately following clinic visits, or via phone or portal.
- Assist patients in setting up their patient portal at the end of their visit.
- Ensure all forms, consents, and billing requests are reviewed and completed by patients.
- Protect patients’ rights by practicing HIPPA and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Obtain blood samples via venipuncture - phlebotomy skills are required.
- Perform data entry in EMR, including prepping EMR for the visit with upcoming or overdue preventive maintenance flags including immunizations and screenings.
- Review current medications, update medication list and prepare medication orders for refills and signature by the provider.
- Measure and record patient vital signs in the EMR.
- Prepare equipment, instruments, and patients for examinations; assist providers with exams, procedures, and medical treatments as needed.
- Clean and disinfect examination rooms following patient visits.
- Receive and direct phone calls, check-in patients, obtain necessary patient information to file and update patient records
- Assist with proactive chronic disease management and population health. This would include activities such as pulling reports for the patient populations that need improved control of their chronic conditions, medication adherence reviews, making phone calls encouraging these patients to come in for visits and sending them communication regarding follow up needs.
- Administer IM injectables and medications to patients as ordered.
- Transmit patient prescription refills as directed.
- Superior and frequent communication with providers regarding patient care opportunities and needs.
- Manage inventory of supplies and medical equipment. Order supplies as needed.
Core Skills and Experience
- Concierge-level customer service skills and work ethic
- A high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing with patients, clinical care team and external parties in a courteous and friendly manner
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Certification program is required
- Training in phlebotomy is required
- All employees of Herself Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, including CDC-recommended qualified booster vaccines.
- Medical Assistant certification.
- Passage of the pre-employment drug screen.
- Passage of the pre-employment background check.
- Eligibility and completion of employee references
- Proof of US Citizenship or Eligibility to Work in the US with a permanent resident card.
Contact our Director of Talent Acquisition, Samantha Mercer today!
931-628-8454 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at https://app.trinethire.com/companies/68807-herself-health/jobs/67182-certified-medical-assistant-cma-primary-care