On call Dietitian, Maplewood
Come join our awesome team as an On call Dietitian at Maplewood Care Center...
Come join our awesome team as an On call Dietitian at Maplewood Care Center.
Maplewood Care Center is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
On Call Dietitian job highlights
- Generous “refer a friend” bonuses
- Career scholarships;
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs
About the job:
Registered Dietitians play an integral role in maintaining the optimal standard of care for people in long term care; not only will you be able to share your specialized knowledge for the nutrition needs of many disease states and allergies, but you will also play a role in food preparation and menu planning, counseling patients, and administering therapeutic diets.
- Assess nutritional needs, develop and implement nutritional care plans, evaluate and report the results appropriately
- Coordinate activities with the Director of Dietary.
- Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
- Represent the department at various committee meetings as requested.
- Perform other department duties or special assignments as directed by the Director of Dietary or Executive Director.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association.
- Verbal and writing abilities necessary to communicate work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public, required documentation in medical records.
- Numerical ability necessary to make various computations in calculating diet patterns, tube feeds, nutritional requirements and assisting the Director of Dietary in his/her responsibilities.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Minimum of one year clinical nutrition experience in a geriatric healthcare setting.
Maplewood Care Center is a skilled nursing and memory care rehabilitation facility located in Maplewood, Minnesota, on the Homestead at Maplewood Campus. At our center, we are devoted to providing individualized, empathetic assistance to seniors in need of short-term or long-term care. The city of Maplewood is a short drive from St Paul and Minneapolis. We employ hardworking individuals who are unwavering in their commitment to ensuring our residents are receiving the quality care they deserve. They heavily contribute to the positive work culture we have at Maplewood Care Center, and the kindness and joy they bring to work every day always brings a smile to those who need it.
Our 2022 Great Place to Work survey results found that 87% of employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not “just a job”.
Take pride in helping others, and join us today!
At VOANS, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations’ shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.