Admissions Nurse, Full-Time, Apple Valley
Apple Valley Village Health Care Center, a 4-star rated senior care campus, is hiring a Full-Time Admissions Nurse to join our team...
Apple Valley Village Health Care Center, a 4-star rated senior care campus, is hiring a Full-Time Admissions Nurse to join our team.
In this role, you will provide a smooth transition for our residents by cultivating relationships and coordinating admission processes. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, excels in multitasking, and has excellent customer service skills.
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position. In addition to generous benefits, we’re offering a $5,000 Bonus for this position!
Admissions Nurse responsibilities:
- Evaluates all patient referrals, manages admissions and bed assignments, and completes preliminary paperwork for new residents.
- Work in conjunction with Social Worker, Unit Manager, and hospital discharge planners.
- Ensures a smooth transfer of patients by collaborating with the Clinical staff.
- Maintains positive relationships with current referral sources.
- Documents and maintains paperwork, referral records, and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Anticipates & Orders equipment needed for patients stay.
Admissions Nurse skills and requirements:
- Must be a licensed nurse (RN or LPN) in the State of Minnesota.
- 2 + years’ experience in skilled nursing, the admission process, discharge planning, or management.
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal guidelines related to long-term care and resident rights.
- Must be able to comprehend clinical and technical data.
- Strong leadership, written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior discharge planning experience a plus.
- Competitive wages with credit for experience
- Tuition Discount Opportunities/ Scholarships/ Student Loan Forgiveness (site specific, ask for details)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 403(b) or 401(k) with employer match
- Healthcare, dental, health savings, vision, life, disability, & flex spending options for Full-Time employees
- Employer paid Basic Life Insurance for Full-Time Employees
- Employee Discount Program
- Longevity Recognition, Paid Volunteer Time, and Mentorship Programs
- Collaborative and Inclusive Work Culture
- Employee Assistance Program with free confidential counseling/coaching for self and family members
Apply today at cassialife.org/jobs
Cassia’s Response to COVID-19:
Cassia follows the CMS requirements for Covid vaccination. Upon starting employment at our care center, you will need to provide proof of having at least one Covid vaccination. Or, you may complete an exemption application for medical or religious reasons. We are serious about your safety and health—it is our number one priority. We have implemented COVID-19 protocols (routine cleaning & disinfecting, physical distancing, and resident & employee testing) and provide staff with personal protective equipment for every shift. We also offer vaccines to staff and residents through our own A&E Pharmacy.
Apple Valley Village Health Care Center is surrounded by walking paths bordering landscaped grounds and a sparkling pond. Our dedicated staff provides a continuum of care to our patients and residents. Teamwork and respect are very important to us. We're passionate about what we do and enjoy serving others.
At Cassia we follow our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer/ Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran