Community Life Coordinator - FULL TIME!, Minnetonka
The Glenn Minnetonka is seeking to add a Community Life Coordinator to our Community Life team...
The Glenn Minnetonka is seeking to add a Community Life Coordinator to our Community Life team. This is a full time, benefit eligible position, working 40 hours per week (to include 2-4 evenings/week and every-other weekend on a rotating schedule).
Great Lakes Management Company offers competitive elective benefits which include health, dental, & vision insurance(s) as well as a partial company matched retirement plan.
The Glenn Minnetonka is a vibrant Catholic community where people of all faiths enjoy the fullness of life in a loving, compassionate, and comfortable environment - Life with Spirit. Our outstanding campus, both in care and facility is home to 160+ residents, ages 65 and over. We are proud to offer the full continuum of care levels including independent living, assisted living, memory care, and care suites and are located in the beautiful Glen Lake neighborhood of Minnetonka.
Job Description: The role of a Community Life Coordinator is to work as a member of the Community Life team assisting the Community Life Director in the planning, promoting, implementing, and assessing of activity programs to meet the physical, cognitive, emotional, spiritual, social, and sensory needs of our residents.
- Lead meaningful daily activity programming in memory care and care suites, as well as occasional independent/assisted living activities (if/as assigned)
- Provide structured activities during evening and weekend hours (as assigned)
- Assist in organizing all-house events: i.e. summer BBQ, holiday events, socials/parties, etc.
- Work as a member of the Community Life Team to organize monthly activity calendars
- Create & brainstorm new and innovative approaches to engage residents
- Assist on community outings with residents (as assigned)
- Assist the Community Life Director with the training and mentoring of Resident Assistants in the portion of their responsibilities that include leading activity programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation or Music Therapy, or Activity Professional Certification, or a degree in a related field are preferred, but not required. We are willing to train the right person!
- Preference given to applicants with previous experience working with seniors - especially those living with dementia and related health diagnosis's
- Passion for interacting with residents with varying degrees of memory loss
- Ability to speak in front of large groups to conduct activity programs that meet a variety of physical, cognitive, emotional, spiritual, social, and sensory needs of the residents
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize to-do lists, in-between providing meaningful activities to residents
- Strong computer and word processing skills: Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective communication skills to professionally interact with residents, family members, entertainers, volunteers, and colleagues
- Ability to communicate (both orally and in writing) and understand the English language
- Ability to make responsible choices and decisions, and maintain confidentiality
- Class C Driver’s License, or ability and willingness to obtain preferred, but not required
- Flexible & positive attitude!
Physical Requirements (based on essential responsibilities)
Must be able to frequently perform tasks such as, but not limited to, those listed below:
- Stand; sit for extended periods of time while conducting activity programs
- Bend, squat to interact with residents or work with activity supplies
- Move, push, pull and/or lift objects weighing 10 -25 pounds
- Use hands and arms for simple grasping, pushing and pulling in using supplies for activity programs
- Perform tasks requiring actions of muscles or groups of muscles to walk, stoop, bend, lift, and to carry objects
- See objects closely to read directions, instructions, warnings, etc.
- Hear normal sounds and voices with some background noise to receive verbal instructions, answer telephones, communicate with others, etc.
- Works indoors in a climate-controlled environment majority of the time
- Works outdoors in elements of seasonal weather for periods of time to conduct activity programs and to assist on community outings
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; additional details will be specified by the supervisor. The employee will also perform other reasonable business duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties and hours as needs prevail
- Great Lakes Management Company is an at-will employer. This job description is a guideline and does not constitute a written or implied employment contract.
- GLM is an EO Employer
Great Lakes Management Company is an at-will employer. This job description is a guideline and does not constitute a written or implied employment contract. GLM is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled.
Apply at https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Great-Lakes-Management-Co./jobs?jk=58fb0853b256672b&q=&l=Minnetonka&start=0