Assistant Director of Health Services, Lakeville, $3,500 SIGN-ON BONUS!
Walker Methodist Highview Hills is seeking an Assistant Director of Health Services who will be responsible for assisting the Director of Health Services in the management and supervision of the Health Services Department according to the mission, philosophy, policies, and procedures of Walker Methodist...
Walker Methodist Highview Hills offers senior living with services, assisted living, memory care and care suites. If you have a passion and desire to enrich the lives of others, consider joining Walker Methodist and provide compassionate and high quality care and services.
Walker Methodist Highview Hills is seeking an Assistant Director of Health Services who will be responsible for assisting the Director of Health Services in the management and supervision of the Health Services Department according to the mission, philosophy, policies, and procedures of Walker Methodist.
- Perform assessments of new and existing resident’s medical conditions, functions, and changes of condition.
- Provide appropriate nursing intervention for reported and/or observed instabilities in the resident’s medical condition or changes in the resident’s function status.
- Provide medically necessary treatments as ordered by the physician or nurse practitioner.
- Complete medication set-ups.
- Monitor the resident assistants in performance and compliance standards.
- Audit MARs and Physician Order Sheets to ensure the orders are complete and accurate.
- Assist in the facilitation of verbal and written communication systems for care givers, physicians, and family members to ensure effective, continuous resident care and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the adherence of policies and procedures in the daily operation of the department.
- Ensure appropriate resident care by providing supervision and active participation in areas such as assessments, service plans, medication systems, physician orders, outside agency staff, resident family meetings, emergencies, delegated services, vulnerable adult abuse reporting, change of condition, and supervision of unlicensed team members.
- Monitor safety issues and take action to correct when a situation warrants.
- Responsible to support staffing needs (for example, Resident Assistant, floor nurse, etc.).
- Responsible to assist with RN on-call coverage.
- Participate in rotating weekend or off-hour supervision as required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Current Minnesota RN License required.
Preferred Experience: 1-3 years Assisted living experience required preferred. Supervisor/Management experience in a lead clinical role preferred.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/WAL1010WAME/JobBoard/409afc07-9abe-4671-8f19-014d492d39c1/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=7a60149c-8e3d-4f87-8cc7-d5ceed7d3a0e