Assistant Admissions Social Worker, St. Paul
Lyngblomsten Care Center has an opening for Admissions/LTC Social Worker Coordinator...
Lyngblomsten Care Center has an opening for Admissions/LTC Social Worker Coordinator. If you care about seniors and have skills in customer service we would love to have you join our team!
Part-time A (30 hours per week), including every Saturday. Daily hours negotiable dependent on facility need I departmental approval. Full Benefit Eligible. Primarily Admission with a 12 bed LTC neighborhood.
- Giving tours to potential residents, loved ones and others
- Coordinating referrals from hospitals, clinics and other sources
- Collecting information about potential residents and communicating it to the multi-disciplinary team for coordination of care
- Marketing the mission and philosophy of Lyngblomsten to potential residents, loved ones and others in-person and through the use of technology
- Completing the many required tasks in preparation for an admission such as confirming payer source, skill level needs and obtaining all the paperwork to fulfill regulatory requirements
- establishing and maintaining a database to track referrals
- develop and nurture a positive relationship with our referral sources
- participate in tasks required for quality improvement projects or grants
- Schedule and facilitate care conferences
- Admission paperwork
- Other functions of LTC social worker
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work
- Social Work licensed in Minnesota
- Courteous, kind, trustworthy and engaging demeanor that is easily detected through telephone
- Strong computer, written, verbal and non-verbal skills with an ability to quickly adapt style to the individual consumer
- Strong ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking and prioritization of duties
- Comfortable assisting older adults, those with disabilities, and working in an environment of diverse cultures, ethnicities and backgrounds
- Proven ability to think critically, analytically, independently and within a team with an innovative mindset & an inquiring spirit in order to achieve goals.
Lyngblomsten is an award-winning Christian nonprofit organization serving older adults through healthcare, housing, and community-based services since 1906. Join our team, touch lives, and make a difference!
Lyngblomsten does not discriminate in employment on any basis protected by law. Please tell us if you require any special arrangements during the interview process. Upon conditional job offer of employment, all applicants will be subject to a State of MN background study.
We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits, paid training, and scholarship opportunities.
Our benefit package shows how invested we are in our employees. At 60 hours a pay period you are eligible for:
- Affordable Medical and Dental
- HSA account, plus Employer contribution of:
- $2100 annually for Single
- $4200 annually for Family
- Free Employee Life Ins. and LTD insurance
- 200% match on of your 2% contribution to a 403B
- Flex/PTO starting at 4.62 hours earned per 80 hours. (Up to 3 weeks the first year)
- Short Term Disability Earn 56 hours per year.
- 7 Holidays
Lyngblomsten is an equal employment opportunity organization and affirmative action employer. Minority, Disability, Veteran, LGBTQ+.
Apply at https://www.lyngblomsten.org/employment/current-openings/