Admissions & Healthcare Navigator, Golden Valley
This position is responsible for generating appropriate referrals leading to admissions and to direct the daily referral and admission workflow of the Skilled Nursing Facility...
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!
Making a difference in the lives of others – that’s what working at Covenant Living Communities is all about. Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From improving our residents’ quality of life, to creating peace of mind for them and their families, our team members know that as a part of our community, they are changing lives. Covenant Living, the nation’s sixth-largest nonprofit senior living provider, is seeking a qualified candidates for Admissions & Healthcare Navigator to help in fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for our residents and their families by creating a better way of life. Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service is part of our everyday environment and build your health care career in a supportive, faith-based community.
This position is responsible for generating appropriate referrals leading to admissions and to direct the daily referral and admission workflow of the Skilled Nursing Facility. This role combines sales with managing the admission process on campus. The Admissions & Healthcare Navigator will leverage their sales/clinical expertise to increase referrals and admissions to designated healthcare products. This individual reports directly to the Healthcare Administrator and will also work closely with the Sales team in the marketing and sales of Health Care services to prospective patients. The position works in cooperation with the National Director of Healthcare Sales and the Director of Admissions and Customer Experience. Approximately 70% focus will be on sales and 30% focus will be on admissions and referral management.
In this role, the Healthcare Navigator will:
- Develop and maintain key external relationships with referral sources including but not limited to: professional, clinical, governmental and community agencies to maintain and exceed sales goals.
- Lead outreach visits to targeted referral sources and referral influencers in the medical, professional and general community with assistance provided by other members of the healthcare team.
- Develop and support effective sales strategies designed to increase customer utilization, satisfaction and awareness in collaboration with the healthcare admissions coordinator, clearly differentiating CRC from other providers.
- Lead large and small group presentations, assesses customer needs, outcomes, builds professional relationships and conducts one-to-one sales presentations of CRC products and services.
- Review key competitors service offerings and market position annually. Ensures a timely response to trends that may impact the CRC market space.
- Develop and execute a census development plan incorporating key healthcare sales tactics in partnership with healthcare administrator, key campus stakeholders, and National Director of Healthcare Sales. Overall goal is to strategically support growth in order to achieve census goals.
- Access, maintain and analyze daily CRC–approved customer relationship management (CRM) software for sales activities and outcomes, prospective leads, and referral source management.
- Submit monthly outcome reports to healthcare administrator and National Director of Healthcare Sales.
- Ensure that all applicable campus healthcare products are receiving and admitting the right payer mix of customers to exceed census revenue and occupancy targets in collaboration with the healthcare admissions coordinator.
- Obtain information from the referral source related to resident care needs, acuity, etc. to assist the admissions team in making quick and informed decisions if admission is granted. Assist with admission process as requested.
- Perform bedside visits and/or assessments of potential residents to assure appropriateness for skilled care, assisted living, or memory support. Evaluate in collaboration with clinical and administrative personnel that campus can meet the health care needs of potential residents.
- Answer questions of prospective and current residents or family members and direct them to appropriate resource.
- Offer alternative suggestions to inquiries if a different type of living arrangement other than what the campus is able to offer is needed.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all resident and applicant information.
- Maintain a good relationship with discharge planners and other health-related professionals in the community for referrals.
The ideal candidate will have:
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
2. Demonstrated marketing and sales ability required.
3. RN/LVN strongly preferred.
4. A minimum of one (1) year health care related experience in social services or a related field is preferred. Previous experience with older adults in a long-term care setting is preferred.
Medicare, Public Aid, Managed Care and Insurance knowledge required.
5. The person must have good interpersonal skills, project a friendly personality, and understand customer service and sales and marketing concepts. Demonstrates the ability to handle the public graciously, is understanding of the needs of older adults, guards with confidentiality resident personal information, and exercises good judgment. The person must be able to work independently, have good organizational skills with particular attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrates initiative.
6. This individual must also demonstrate an ability to work under time-sensitive conditions that require flexibility and to adapt to changing needs. They must be able to effectively multi-task.
7. Additional Requirements:
a. Valid driver’s licenses with trusted means of transportation
b. Ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills, in English, with tact, poise, and confidence in the personal contact customers.
c. Ability to travel within assigned market space (up to 90% of time.)
d. Ability to work varied hours and some weekends as necessary.
e. Individual must be able to work independently, have good organizational skills with particular attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrates initiative.
f. Advanced computer skills are required. Use of Microsoft office suite products, CRM software, electronic medical record systems critical for success in this role.
g. Must be able to read and write English with the ability to articulate clearly and audibly
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply at https://crc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CLExternal/job/Covenant-Living-of-Golden-Valley---Golden-Valley-MN/Admissions---Healthcare-Navigator_R0012374-2021