Contract- National Diabetes Prevention Program Supervising Clinician, Arden Hills
Trellis is seeking two Clinicians to provide supervision of Trellis’ National Diabetes Prevention Program (National DPP)...
Trellis is seeking two Clinicians to provide supervision of Trellis’ National Diabetes Prevention Program (National DPP). These clinicians will provide clinical oversight and will be listed as the “Supervising Clinical Provider” on all National DPP claims submitted through Trellis’ National Diabetes Prevention Program (National DPP) umbrella hub arrangements (UHA). Trellis is the sponsoring agency in the UHA, and will be a contracted provider with health plan payers (to receive payment from Medicaid fee for service and managed care beneficiaries, Medicare and commercial insurance) for National DPP services through the Juniper network in Minnesota. The Department of Human Services (DHS) requires Trellis to maintain two supervising clinical provider positions to submit Medicaid/MHCP claims under provider type 49 for National DPP services. The goal of the Trellis umbrella hub arrangement is to connect community-based organizations (CBOs) with health care payment systems to achieve sustainable reimbursement and increase program success.
Location and hours:
This position is a contracted, hourly position. Expected hours are weekdays, no weekends; approximately 20-25 hours for initial on-boarding and process development, and 0.5 - 1.5 hours/month, ongoing, a total of 60 hours per year combined between both positions. Some local travel within the 7-county metro area may be needed.
Compensation: This contracted position pays $200/hour. As an independent contractor, the contractor is responsible for providing their own worker’s compensation and professional liability insurance, and other health and welfare benefits. This position does not include benefits.
This contractor is responsible for these deliverables/outcomes:
- Reports to Juniper Network Director. Works directly with the following positions: Co-Supervising Clinician, Contracts & Compliance Specialist, Project Manager, UHO subsidiaries, National DPP lifestyle coaches.
- Assures that the fidelity of the National Diabetes Prevention Program is followed according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Consults on best practices for claims submission, billing, and documentation processes and procedures.
- Regular meetings of Trellis and UHA subsidiary organizations to check in on National DPP class delivery, participant outcome progress, protocols, and claims submission process for billing. Meeting frequency will be monthly at first, then scale back to quarterly.
- Respond to questions from Trellis and UHA subsidiary organizations as needed.
Need to have:
- One of the following: LICSW, MD, DO, NP, PA, or other APRN licensure that is active and in good standing to be eligible to participate without restriction in all applicable federal and state programs.
- Active NPI number in good standing to be used on all insurance claims submitted to bill for participants of the National DPP delivered by Trellis' UHA subsidiaries.
- Ability to travel to in-person meeting in Trellis office or provider sites as needed.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity and interest in prediabetes education and behavioral health techniques to prevent the development of type 2 diabetes.
- Interested in innovation and creating new business models to promote positive health outcomes, overcoming barriers, and improve access for adults with prediabetes.
- Experience working with adults within lower socio-economic populations who experience health inequities and barriers to health and well-being.
Juniper® is a program of Trellis. Juniper uses a network approach to disseminate evidence-based health and wellness classes to Minnesotans across the state to help them improve their health and reduce disease and injury. Juniper contracts with community-based and healthcare organizations to offer education led by Juniper-certified class leaders.
Trellis provides services, information, and innovations to achieve our mission of assisting individuals to age well and developing the capacity of communities to care for an aging population.
Trellis is the designated Area Agency on Aging for the seven-county metro area, including Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington counties. Many of Trellis’ initiatives and activities, including our Juniper® health promotion programs, have a broader geographic reach across the state of Minnesota and, in some cases, across the nation.
As an Area Agency on Aging, we ensure services and policies are tailored to the needs and aspirations of the people living in local communities. We award federal Older Americans Act funding to organizations that provide services to older adults and caregivers and provide direct services to older adults and caregivers as part of the statewide Senior LinkAge Line®.
We are leaders and innovators, integrating health and social care to produce a better quality of life and health outcomes — and doing so in a way that delivers crucial services while containing escalating costs.
To learn more about this opportunity, please explore our website. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume online at https://trellisconnects.org/careers/
BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans