Social Worker - Community Living Support Specialist, Arden Hills
Trellis is a nonprofit organization that provides services, information and connections that help people age well...
Trellis is a nonprofit organization that provides services, information and connections that help people age well. We are innovators in the field of aging, and are working to offer and create new products, services, and relationships to meet the changing needs of a growing population of older adults. We are committed to serving our aging communities with equity and inclusivity.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Provide administrative and organizational support to team members working on transitioning and maintaining older adults in the least restrictive environment, following all Return to Community and Senior LinkAge Line protocols.
- Conducts phone calls with clients and caregivers to provide information and assistance on home and community-based resources and support.
- Demonstrating proficiency in interviewing, assessment, problem solving and advocacy to provide in-depth counseling and assistance related to long-term care options and benefits.
- Researches service options and communicate in a clear and comprehensive manner to connect consumers to service providers.
- Contributes to a positive work and team-oriented environment.
- Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
What Skills Do You Need to Be Considered for This Position?
- Bachelor's Degree in social work or nursing required. Must meet State licensure requirements of profession, as applicable, and 2 year's applicable work experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in helping consumers navigate the long-term care service system including formal, quasi-formal and informal organizations and providers.
- Understanding of the aging process and challenges of families related to caregiving.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, preferably in a professional environment. Understanding of the aging process and challenges of families related to caregiving preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Take initiative; use sound judgment when making decisions or seeking input and direction.
What can we offer you?
- Over 20 years of successful leadership in home and community-based services,
- Strong, consistent history of growth, financial stability, and effective leadership,
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life, disability,
- Generous time off benefit of 26 days of PTO annually plus 8 holidays,
- Retirement savings plan with a match of 5% salary, and
- Positive, supportive, and collaborative work environment.
To learn more about this opportunity, please explore our website. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume online at https://trellisconnects.org/careers/
BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans