Admissions Coordinator, Minneapolis
Jones-Harrison is currently seeking compassionate Admissions Coordinator to join our team! The Admissions Coordinator organizes and performs functions related to the admission and discharge of residents...
Jones-Harrison is home to 157 skilled nursing beds and 44 apartments of Assisted Living. At Jones-Harrison we believe everyone is entitled to dignity, self-expression, and fundamental well-being regardless of where you are on your life journey. From the day our doors opened in 1888, we have embraced the guiding principles of compassion, inclusivity, and collaboration to transform the community-living experience and enhance the quality of life for older adults.
Jones-Harrison is currently seeking compassionate Admissions Coordinator to join our team! The Admissions Coordinator organizes and performs functions related to the admission and discharge of residents. This position enhances continuity of patient care between Jones-Harrison and referring hospitals and their staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Receive and respond to all incoming calls and in-person inquiries for admission to the facility to ensure that occupancy levels are maintained
- Contact hospital social workers and/or nursing staff and gather accurate information on all admissions from the hospital or other admitting facilities in a timely manner
- Perform admissions administration responsibilities
- Provide accurate assessment, observation, and documentation of resident care
- Market facility and services to all potential referral sources including community
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a healthcare setting and complete understanding of all payer types (Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, etc.)
- Experience in a long-term care nursing or social services setting preferred
- Basic knowledge of nursing and medical abbreviations
- Nursing Background preferred but not required.
- Must have good people skills, ability to work cooperatively with staff, families, residents, and administration for the benefit of the resident
- Exceptional telephone and communication skills, both written and oral
- Genuine compassion for elders and dedicated to enhancing their quality of life
- Willingness to handle difficult situations with staff, residents, and families
- Ability to work and make good decisions independently
Jones-Harrison is dedicated to continuing our more than century-long tradition of offering innovative programs and supportive services to older adults in a loving, gracious setting.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, plus uniform allowance, paid training and in-services, discounted meals, on-site wellness center and scholarship opportunities. Jones-Harrison is an equal employment opportunity organization and affirmative action employer. Minority, Disability, Veteran, LGBTQ are welcomed to apply.
Jones-Harrison participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Jones-Harrison does not discriminate in hiring or employment on any basis protected by law. Please tell us if you require any special arrangements during the interview process. All employment is at will.
Jones-Harrison is not permitted to hire individuals who may be disqualified from working with vulnerable adults because of their past criminal history. Upon conditional job offer of employment, all applicants will be subject to a background study.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, paid training and in-services, discounted meals, on-site wellness center and scholarship opportunities. Jones-Harrison is an equal employment opportunity organization and affirmative action employer. Minority, Disability, Veteran, LGBTQ.
Apply at https://jonesharrisonresidence.applytojob.com/apply/JIDuTi1ND8/Admissions-Coordinator?referrer=20210721163636XOBXONRU3RAC05TG