Hospice Social Worker, Roseville
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Optage Hospice is seeking a Social Worker to join its team...
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Optage Hospice is seeking a Social Worker to join its team.
Optage Hospice offers older adult patients, their families and caregivers the care, insight and guidance to live as fully and comfortably as possible. Our comprehensive program is designed to help our clients achieve the best quality of life, ensuring they receive loving care and respect. A customized, family-centered plan of care is developed for the clients and is updated continuously. Services are provided in surroundings that are familiar; a private home, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing care center - wherever you call home.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
The Hospice Social Worker is responsible for developing, planning, implementing, supervising, and monitoring medical social services for hospice clients consistent with regulations and established best practices.
- Hospice Services
Create and maintain an environment that achieves high quality care (physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual) of clients and maintain their independence and dignity to the highest degree possible. Ensure that services provided promote the quality of remaining life. Establish and maintain effective communication systems with all customers and respond promptly to client and family issues.
- Medical Social Services
- Complete admission, routine visits, transfer and discharge information as scheduled. Submit documentation accurately and on time. Assist clients and their representatives with all admission and discharge procedures including completing admission and discharge processes.Plan, implement and monitor the provision of client services on your caseload. Provide service coordination for clients to include arranging and/or referring appropriate support services. Plan interventions with clients based on assessments and regularly reassess and revise treatment plans in response to newly identified needs and altered goals of care. Demonstrate and apply knowledge of the client/family dynamics involved in death, dying and the bereavement process and age specific human growth and development. Demonstrate and apply knowledge and understanding of mental and emotional dysfunction.
- Comply with Federal and State regulations regarding appropriate documentation in the client’s medical record – initial and ongoing assessments, periodic charting, and care planning.
- Advocate for clients through individual counseling, advocacy for formal support groups as needed. Actively listen and respond appropriately to client/family concerns and respond in a timely manner. Partner with other professionals, the clients and their families to ensure that client needs are being met. Work collaboratively with others to resolve problems which affect the client’s health, safety, or ability to live comfortably. Support client and family sense of control while reducing anxiety. Treat clients and families with compassion, adapting communication to meet situations and cross cultural issues.
- Attend interdisciplinary client and family conferences according to preapproved timelines and frequency to ensure excellent communication and care coordination for client services.
- Relationships with Outside Constituencies
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with outside agencies and organizations to promote hospice services, and to participate with the various community constituencies to achieve mutually beneficial results. Coordinate client services collaboratively with other professionals inside and outside PHS. Promote cooperation with all regulatory organizations managing with an expectation of appropriate compliance and corrective measures. Refer questions outside area of expertise to appropriate team members or community agencies.
- Team Participation
As a member of the hospice team, actively participate in department and program activities, meetings and processes. Assist fellow team members with the completion of their work when assigned or needed. Effectively collaborate with others to promote the total wellbeing of clients. Participate in Bereavement team, groups and activities as needed.
- Operational Management
Develop and implement established social services and policies, procedures and practices. Use quality management process to meet client needs. Develop, Implement and maintain monitoring systems and processes to ensure compliance with regulations and established best practices. Apply the knowledge and skills needed to do the position, including technical competence in the field and current knowledge of laws and regulations affecting your position. Maintain current knowledge of community resources available for clients. Use discretion and independent judgment to compare and evaluate possible courses of action and decision-making. Maintain knowledge of organization and industry policies and practices. Provide leadership and supervision of social workers in the hospice agency.
- Financial Management
Manage resource allocations in order to achieve or exceed operational goals. Assist in coordinating all aspects of the client’s stay with regard to their payment source. Demonstrate good stewardship of available resources. Work with team to develop budgets.
- Ministry Focus
Support the integration of Christian Culture in the community; reinforce the Christian heritage and culture through communication and education systems; support the work of on-site chaplains and spiritual program; recognize the importance of spiritual matters to clients and employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or a bachelor’s degree in a human services field including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology.
- Current licensure as a social worker in state in which he/she practices if required by state law.
- Experience in geriatrics or health care related environment, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current professional social work theory and practice.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership and supervision.
- Excellent clinical assessment and documentation skills.
- Ability to organize work flow, respond to emergencies and note detail. Ability to maintain a high level of performance in an environment of frequent demands and changes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social community service delivery systems preferred.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and other common computer programs.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers
Rated #1 employer in Minnesota by Forbes!
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. Over 7,000 employees serve 27,000 older adults through 50 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. PHS is also co-owner of Genevive, a progressive model of primary care, care navigation and value-based services for over 5,300 older adults in Minnesota. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
Apply at https://careers-preshomes.icims.com/jobs/15790/hospice-social-worker/job