Caregiver Specialist, St. Paul
Lyngblomsten is hiring a Caregiver Specialist to join the 2nd Half with Lyngblomsten team...
Lyngblomsten is hiring a Caregiver Specialist to join the 2nd Half with Lyngblomsten team. Lyngblomsten Caregiver Services specializes in helping family and friends who are caring for a person living with dementia. This specialist will provide support, education, and resources to cohorts of caregivers who are receiving a break through our group respite services (The Gathering and eRespite). In addition, the Specialist will work with the caregiver cohorts to foster opportunities to build communities of social support.
- Facilitate weekly virtual Caregiver Cohort Connect support groups
- Provide resources, support and education to individual caregivers receiving Lyngblomsten Respite Services (The Gathering or eRespite)
- Provide Caregiver Coaching through REACH, an evidenced-based caregiving coaching program
- Connect with caregivers at times of drop off and pick up from The Gathering
- Work with caregivers at times of transitions or concerns around safety/meeting criteria to attend The Gathering or eRespite
- Be a collaborative team member and contribute to the ongoing development of 2nd Half with Lyngblomsten and Caregiver Services
- Assist with respite volunteer training and respite program support as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Nursing with a minimum of three years of experience working with informal/family caregivers who are journeying alongside a spouse, partner, family member or friend living with dementia.
- Experience facilitating caregiver support groups
- Preference will be given to candidates who are Caregiver Consultants and trained in REACH caregiver coaching
- Demonstrates an understanding of dementia through professional and/or personal experiences. Has attended trainings and workshops that contribute to candidate’s knowledge of dementia
- Strong assessment skills (physical, mental, social and family systems)
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Able to manage time and multiple tasks well
- Skilled in problem-solving and able to set professional boundaries while maintaining good self-care practices
- Values opportunities to collaborate and contribute to a larger team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and online virtual engagement technology (e.g., Zoom)
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Julie Pfab, Director of Community Services
1415 Almond Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108
About: Lyngblomsten is an award-winning Christian nonprofit organization serving older adults through healthcare, housing, and community-based services since 1906. Join our team, touch lives, and make a difference! We offer an innovative, person-centered model of care, competitive wages and benefits and a compassionate, team-oriented environment. EEO/AA. To learn more about Lyngblomsten Community Services, visit www.lyngblomsten.org/2ndHalf