Medical Records Coordinator, Elk River
The Medical Records Coordinator is responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date medical records of all residents, past and present at Guardian Angels Care Center...
Guardian Angels Care Center provides both long-term and transitional care in a supportive, caring environment. Our highly trained staff is committed to treating everyone with respect, dignity, and as an individual with unique needs.
The Medical Records Coordinator is responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date medical records of all residents, past and present at Guardian Angels Care Center. The Medical Records Coordinator is also responsible for the destruction of medical records in accordance with state/federal laws and regulations after the required number of years from discharge. All services are provided in accordance with the mission of Guardian Angels.
Mission: Guardian Angels provides exceptional healthcare, housing and supportive services to seniors and their families in the spirit of Christ's love.
- To maintain the integrity of the medical record, both for active and discharged residents.
- To provide copies of chart documents upon written release request to appropriate parties.
- Production of monthly medication and treatment sheets.
- Tabulation of monthly quality assurance statistics.
- Tabulation of grant statistic.
- Supervision of Medical Record Assistant and Station Secretary positions.
- To assist in providing a dignified, respectful, resident-centered environment for residents.
- Follows universal precautions, facility infection control guidelines, sanitation and safety standards of practice in all work and activities.
- All duties will be performed in accordance with current standards, guidelines, state and federal regulations.
- Uphold confidential information as required by Guardian Angels policy and procedure and as related to HIPAA.
- Uphold the mission, vision, and values of Guardian Angels of Elk River.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Monday-Friday 9:00a.m.-5:30p.m.
- Full Time, Exempt.
- Manager on Duty weekend rotation.
- Flexibility to meet the needs of the department.
- Benefit Eligible.
- Currently licensed as an LPN in the state of Minnesota.
- Certification in Medical Record or equivalent experience in long-term care.
- Prior supervisory experience a plus.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience with Point Click Care required.
Apply Online: www.guardianangelsmn.org