Community Living Specialist - RN or LSW, Arden Hills
Trellis is a nonprofit organization that provides services, information and connections that help people age well...
Trellis is a nonprofit organization that provides services, information and connections that help people age well. We are innovators in the field of aging, and are working to offer and create new products, services, and relationships to meet the changing needs of a growing population of older adults. We are committed to serving our aging communities with equity and inclusivity.
What Type of Individual Are We Looking For?
A passionate and detailed oriented human services professional who is:
- Culturally aware, supports diversity and inclusion,
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment,
- Skilled in problem solving and can navigate complex problems with multiple variables,
- Dedicated to providing the highest standard of quality service and consideration, and
- Proficient with telephone etiquette and techniques necessary for a call center setting.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Coordinate person-centered transitions of care that support community living with nursing home residents, caregivers, nursing facility staff and community providers.
- Meet with individuals face-to-face in nursing facilities and their homes to complete person-centered assessments, offer options counseling and connect them to needed services.
- Research home and community-based service options and educate consumers about the availability and cost of such options.
- Follow up with consumers following relocation to ensure service delivery, maximize satisfaction and address any safety concerns.
- Ensure client confidentiality and data privacy in all customer interactions.
- Build cooperative relationships with nursing home partners, community service providers and state representatives, using an interdisciplinary team process to facilitate transitions planning.
- Identify signs, symptoms, and risk factors for abuse and report potentially vulnerable situations to the county Common Entry Point in a timely manner.
- Utilize technology to complete assessments, develop care plans, report on status of relocation activities, track required statistical data to meet State and Federal reporting requirements, coordinate services on behalf of consumers and follow up with them.
What Skills Do You Need to Be Considered for This Position?
- Bachelor's Degree in social work or nursing strongly preferred. Must meet State licensure requirements of profession, as applicable.
- Minimum of two years of case management/care coordination experience in a health care setting required.
- Demonstrated experience in helping consumers navigate the long-term care service system including formal, quasi-formal and informal organizations and providers using a person-centered approach.
- Understanding of the aging process and challenges of families related to caregiving.
- Knowledge of financing options to support long-term care services including Medicare benefits, Long-Term Care Insurance, and public benefit programs.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with continual attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Takes initiative; uses sound judgment when making decisions or seeking input and direction.
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance required.
To learn more about this opportunity, please explore our website. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume online.
Careers at Trellis | Trellis Connects
BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Apply at https://metroaging.isolvedhire.com/jobs/276903.html