Clinical Director - RN, Apple Valley
Want to work for a company that cares? Put your passion for serving others to work as a Clinical Director at Ecumen Centennial House!...
Want to work for a company that cares? Put your passion for serving others to work as a Clinical Director at Ecumen Centennial House!
We’re hiring caring, compassionate people like you to provide personal care and health-related services to help make the lives of our residents more fulfilling and enjoyable. As a caregiver at Ecumen, you’ll put people at the heart of what you do and find new ways to exceed people’s expectations every day.
Ecumen is over 150-years-old and one of the nation’s top 25 non-profit providers of senior housing and aging services. This year, we’re happy to celebrate our 10th year as a “Best Place to Work.”
The Clinical Director ensures that the health and safety needs of all residents are met. This position is responsible for the management and supervision of all direct care staff, ensuring that staff are trained and competent to deliver all nursing tasks. The Clinical Director ensures the facility is in compliance with current state and federal regulations and follows all nursing standards of practice.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Completes initial assessment of each resident, determines nursing care needs, and creates a service agreement/plan appropriate for each resident. Performs supervisory visits and reviews/revises service agreements as needed and/or required.
- Ensures residents have up to date care plans that are appropriately delegated and performed by direct care staff. Reviews resident health records to ensure documentation is accurate and appropriate and that all physician orders are signed and implemented within specified time-frame.
- Supervises RNs, LPNs and Resident Assistants. Assists with hiring, training, competency reviews and CEU verification.
- Consults and communicates with resident’s physicians, any needs, concerns or changes in condition; promptly initiating physician’s orders. Updates resident and/or responsible party with changes as needed.
- Maintains and monitors medication administration program; provides medication training to new employees, supervises medication practices, and communicates with physicians regarding medications and medical conditions.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and is available for federal and state licensure surveys as needed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures. Works with leadership team to ensure emergency procedures are in place. Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and other emergency situations.
- Assists in preparation of annual budget for nursing department
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing for Registered Nurse
- 3-5 years related experience
- Licensure/Certification Required: Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse within the state in which working and must maintain licensure
- Current valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- BSN degree
- Senior care experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We participate in E-Verify.
Apply at https://careers-ecumen.icims.com/jobs/18868/clinical-director%2c-rn/job