Culinary Director, Little Canada
We are looking for a Culinary Director to support our Assisted Living/Memory Care community by overseeing all dining services operations and ensuring meals are prepared and presented in accordance with applicable regulations and customer expectations...
When you come to work at Ebenezer, we promise to support your growth, honor your strengths and empower you to make a difference in the lives of others. Named as a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the 11th time, Ebenezer is Minnesota’s largest senior living organization with over 100 years of excellent service, and we’re growing at an unprecedented rate!
Cardigan Ridge Senior Living is Little Canada’s newest assisted living, independent living and memory care community for seniors. We are located in the NE suburbs of the Twin Cities in Minnesota conveniently near Hwy 694 and Rice Street and public transportation. Our 118 unit building overlooks a beautiful large pond and offers a serene setting for both residents and employees. Our awesome, fun-loving team strives to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
We are looking for a Culinary Director to support our Assisted Living/Memory Care community by overseeing all dining services operations and ensuring meals are prepared and presented in accordance with applicable regulations and customer expectations.
This positon includes;
80 hours per two week pay period
Monday - Friday day shifts; weekends as required
Benefit eligible (Paid time off, Medical, Dental, Retirement monies, and Tuition reimbursement) https://www.ebenezercares.org/benefits.html
- Manages inventory and food/supplies budget and storage area
- Assists with planning and developing menus for upcoming week
- Prepares and/or oversees food preparation ensuring that proper sanitation and food handling techniques are used
- Makes substitutions and revisions to accommodate dietary needs of tenants /residents
- Ensures that kitchen and storage areas are clean and orderly
- Complete task on daily preparation sheets
- Properly cooks and assembles foods and follows standardized recipes in specified time frames
- Prepare bakery items
- Assists with special events
- Sanitizes equipment and work area after each use; maintaining a “clean as you go” attitude
- Hires and supervises dining staff; ensuring they are properly trained, giving ongoing performance feedback, conducting performance reviews, and promotes positive working relationships amongst employees
- Promotes positive resident relations and satisfaction with food services by; soliciting feedback, responding professionally to complaints, accommodating requests and working with resident/families in planning special requests.
- Food Manager Certification or within 90 days of hire date
- Serv Safe Certification or within 90 days of hire date
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Leadership/performance management experience/skills
- Preferred Education/Licensure/Certifications:
- Vocational/Technical Training or Associates Degree in Food/Culinary Services
- Certified Dietary Manager
- Certified Food Protection Professional
- Working knowledge of basic Microsoft office applications and comfortable using computers
As part of Fairview Health Services, Ebenezer is driven to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier and meaningful lives for seniors. Ebenezer’s almost 4,000 employees work as a team to provide the highest quality care to those we serve. Our employees don’t work simply to collect a paycheck; they truly work to make a difference in the lives of older adults in their communities. A culture of caring for others is grounded in our values of Dignity, Integrity, Service, Compassion and Innovation.
We are located in Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin hosting a variety of community settings such as; Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory, Transitional and Long term Care. Additionally we offer Adult and Intergenerational Day programs, Community-based services, Management and Consulting Services and The Ebenezer Foundation. Because of our size, variety of community settings, and our partnership with Fairview Health Services https://www.fairview.org we can offer opportunities for career growth and reinvention.
If you share our commitment to quality care for older adults, there’s a place for you at Ebenezer!
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Apply at https://ebenezer-fairview.icims.com/jobs/71184/culinary-director/job