Veterans Home Administrator, Silver Bay
This Minnesota Veterans Home provides skilled nursing care for 83 residents in the Northeast Minnesota city of Silver Bay and provides a small town, friendly environment for residents, their families, and staff...
Salary Range: $42.33 - $60.60/hourly; $88,385 - $126,532/annually
This Minnesota Veterans Home provides skilled nursing care for 83 residents in the Northeast Minnesota city of Silver Bay and provides a small town, friendly environment for residents, their families, and staff. Residents served by the home are Veterans and eligible family members of Veterans. Located approximately 60 miles north of Duluth, MN, the home provides services to a variety of residents in a long-term care setting with a particular focus on dementia care. Community groups from schools, churches, service groups, veteran service organizations, and local businesses are an integral part of the activity programming for the residents who reside here. Major responsibilities include working with a variety of stakeholders and constituent groups, legislators, multiple governmental entities, and agency staff to achieve the mission and vision of the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs, within a resident-driven care model, in compliance with CMS, MDH, and Federal VA standards.
- A Minnesota Nursing Home Administrator license (or ability to obtain licensure by date of hire)
- Two years of experience as a Nursing Home Administrator
- Five years of progressively increasing administrative and leadership responsibility in a healthcare environment, preferably in a long-term care setting
- Strong working knowledge of financial management systems to direct the preparation of the annual budget and analyze financial reports
- Project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects including campus development
- Demonstrated ability to manage operations and fill gaps in service when faced with staffing and or budgetary challenges
- Demonstrated ability to lead quality improvement in a variety of areas
- Strategic planning skills and experience
- Veteran of the United States Armed Forces
- Master's Degree or higher in job-related field
- Leadership experience in a union environment
- Knowledge of VA benefits including Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- Ability to effectively recruit healthcare staff
- Understanding of the unique healthcare needs of Veterans
This position requires successful completion of the following:
- Background check which will include a DHS background check
- Mantoux (TB) screening
- Reference checks of current and previous employers
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
To view the complete job announcement and to apply, please visit http://www.mn.gov/careers and refer to Job ID # 40674. The application deadline is 07/10/2020.
If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Sarah Christenson at email@example.com or 651-757-1576
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.