Social Worker – Community Living Support Specialist, SW Metro
We are the Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging, a leader, advocate, and partner in the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan region...
We are the Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging, a leader, advocate, and partner in the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan region. We support communities, health care, individuals, caregivers and others to help the population age successfully, living independently longer in their communities. MAAA has an integrated system of information, assistance, education, services and facility-to-home support. As a regional agency, MAAA delivers Senior Linkage Line services in partnership with the Minnesota Board on Aging.
What can we offer you?
- Over 20 years of successful leadership in home and community-based services,
- Strong, consistent history of growth, financial stability, and effective leadership,
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life, disability,
- Generous time off benefit of 26 days of PTO annually plus 8 holidays,
- Retirement savings plan with a match of 5% salary, and
- Positive, supportive and collaborative work environment.
What Type of Individual Are We Looking For?
A passionate and detailed oriented human services professional who is:
- Culturally aware, supports diversity and inclusion
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Skilled in problem solving and can navigate complex problems with multiple variables
- Dedicated to providing the highest standard of quality service and consideration
- Proficient with telephone etiquette and techniques necessary for a call center setting
What Will You Be Doing?
- Coordinate person-centered transitions of care that support community living with nursing home residents, caregivers, nursing facility staff and community providers.
- Meet with individuals face-to-face in nursing facilities and their homes to complete person-centered assessments, offer options counseling and connect them to needed services.
- Research home and community-based service options and educate consumers about the availability and cost of such options.
- Follow up with consumers following relocation to ensure service delivery, maximize satisfaction and address any safety concerns.
- Establish and meet defined productivity goals.
- Ensure client confidentiality and data privacy in all customer interactions.
- Build cooperative relationships with nursing home partners, community service providers and state representatives, using an interdisciplinary team process to facilitate transitions planning.
- Identify signs, symptoms, and risk factors for abuse and report potentially vulnerable situations to the county Common Entry Point in a timely manner.
- Promote a work climate conducive to high productivity, positive staff morale and responsiveness to changing community needs.
- Utilize technology to complete assessments, develop care plans, report on status of relocation activities, track required statistical data to meet State and Federal reporting requirements, coordinate services on behalf of consumers and follow up with them.
What Skills Do You Need to Be Considered for This Position?
- Licensed Social Worker or Registered Nurse with Baccalaureate Degree required.
- Two years of case management/care coordination experience in a health care setting required.
- Demonstrated experience in helping consumers navigate the long-term care service system including formal, quasi-formal and informal organizations and providers using a person-centered approach.
- Understanding of the aging process and challenges of families related to caregiving.
- Knowledge of financing options to support long-term care services including Medicare benefits, Long-Term Care Insurance and public benefit programs.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Continual attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage competing tasks and demands while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Take initiative; use sound judgment when making decisions or seeking input and direction.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite - specifically Word and Outlook, and skill using the Internet in a business environment.
- This position will be working remotely 90% of the time and 10% at our Arden Hills office. A valid MN driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation is required.
To learn more about this opportunity, please explore our website. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume online at https://metroaging.org/careers/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply