Regional Support Nurse, Shoreview/Cambridge
The Regional Support Nurse functions in the full capacity of a community clinical leader and is responsible for leading, delegating, planning, organizing, staffing, directing, analyzing and evaluating the nursing services of an assigned SNF or Housing community...
The Regional Support Nurse functions in the full capacity of a community clinical leader and is responsible for leading, delegating, planning, organizing, staffing, directing, analyzing and evaluating the nursing services of an assigned SNF or Housing community. The Regional Support Nurse is responsible for supervising assigned nursing and ancillary departments to ensure services that meet practice and quality standards. Ensure Benedictine policy, procedures and programs are implemented and followed. May be assigned roles with varying levels of leadership within housing and skilled nursing facilities. This position requires extended travel, may require additional hours of work on evenings and weekends outside of their normal schedule.
- Provides administrative and clinical leadership for nursing staff to promote the delivery of quality care.
- Maintains knowledge base of current standards of nursing practices, implements Benedictine nursing policies, procedures and programs.
- Creates, supports and facilitates person centered care plans and resident/client directed care and services.
- Responsible to align training and services to Benedictine Standards and protocols.
- Adheres to the department budget to promote appropriate utilization of resources.
- Adjusts the staffing hours based on acuity, census, service plans/care plans and establishes staffing patterns.
- Negotiates with payers for appropriate service plans or service payments needed to meet resident needs.
- Directs the hiring, evaluation, counseling, and termination of nursing department associates while following human resources standards and affirmative action laws.
- Ensures that a clinical staff development programs are in place to meet regulatory, clinical and staff needs.
- Fosters a culture of quality assurance performance improvement (QAPI).
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the nursing department quality assurance program.
- Responsible for resident and family satisfaction, staff engagement, safety and risk management as well as clinical quality measures.
- Responsible to manage a survey, conduct investigations and fill all reports as required with regulators.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse
- CPR certified
- Two (2) years of RN experience with at least one (1) year in long term care, home care, or related area
- Nursing management experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility or housing setting
- Participation in professional organizations
Apply at https://careers-bhshealth.icims.com/jobs/7025/regional-support-nurse/job