Director of Nursing, St. Paul
Join a company that has been voted a Top Workplace since 2011. We pride ourselves in taking care of our employees by offering fair and competitive hourly wages, work-life balance, an array of benefits that align with our core values to enhance all aspects of our employees’ lives...
Join a company that has been voted a Top Workplace since 2011. We pride ourselves in taking care of our employees by offering fair and competitive hourly wages, work-life balance, an array of benefits that align with our core values to enhance all aspects of our employees’ lives.
Our team of Health Care Professionals at The Alton, a memory care residence, and The Wellington, an independent and assisted living senior residence, are looking for a Director of Nursing. This position is located in St. Paul, MN in the Highland Park Area.
This position is Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
- Supervise our staff of RN’s, LPN’s, Home Health Aides
- Management: Establish policies and procedures and ensure they are communicated and followed. Maintain effective and efficient staffing ratios based on building occupancy. Establish vendor relations. Ensure that exposure to risk is minimized by cultivating and maintaining resident, family and staff relationships.
- Financial: Monitor expenses throughout the year ensuring financial integrity of the budget. Responsible for overseeing monthly invoicing and collection for all services performed. Responsible for overseeing semi-monthly payroll review, input and approvals. Review care levels and a la carte services annually to determine changes in pricing.
- Resident Care: Establish and maintain proper medical documentation regarding patient care with on-going evaluation of patient care needs. Establish and maintain positive patient and family relations, e.g., effective communications, manage patient and family concerns, problem solve, etc. Participate in Manager-on-Duty on-call rotation.
- Compliance: Comply with HIPAA regulations, maintain licensure and certification of agency, ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and laws and make sure staff is appropriately informed of new changes.
- Human Resources: Manage and direct the home care agency team and administrative staff, hire, discipline and discharge staff. Monitor staff performance, conduct performance reviews. Ensure orientation, staff development and continuing education programs are available to all staff and work with nursing staff to implement staff education. Provide in-service opportunities for staff to maintain requirements for licensure and certification. Schedule and create agenda for monthly staff meetings. These may be scheduled before in-service training.
- Accredited School of Nursing Graduate
- 10 years of experience in home care, long-term care, or public health.
- 3 years of experience supervising staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of the state requirements for the Comprehensive Home Care license and the federal and state reimbursement programs used by our clients.
- Must be registered and licensed with the State of Minnesota as an RN and must maintain current unencumbered license with the Board of Nursing.
Apply at https://www.stuartco.com/careers/