Full Time Care Coordinator, Plymouth
Joyful Companions Home Care provides non-medical home care services to seniors and older adults with disabilities...
Joyful Companions Home Care provides non-medical home care services to seniors and older adults with disabilities. We strive to help our clients live independently for as long as possible, while also bringing peace of mind to their families.
Joyful Companions Home Care is a family owned Christian-based business, providing non-medical caregiver service to seniors and older adults with disabilities. We strive to help our clients live independently for as long as possible, while also bringing peace of mind to their families. Joyful Companions provides care through a variety of tasks including light housekeeping, grocery shopping, meal preparation, laundry, and transportation. We primarily work with older adults with memory loss, providing companionship, reminders for activities of daily living and memory care. Shifts range from hourly visits of 2-8 hours during the day to providing a variety visits during evening hours, weekends, overnights, and 24-hour care. We offer flexible availability for our part time caregivers, who work 12-20 hours a week.
We are hiring for a Full Time Care Coordinator position. This position supervises all Caregivers in the agency and is responsible for performance management. Requires proficient problem solving and organizational skills. Respond promptly to client and caregiver concerns. Coaching and supporting caregivers to deliver excellent quality of care to clients. Necessary corrections must be made in a constructive, supportive manner, following up carefully, closely, and cheerfully is required to ensure both correct work and rapport building of the caregiver/supervisor relationship.
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Flexible, a self-starter and able to adjust rapidly to changing situations
- Performance Management
- Follow up with caregivers of each new client after initial visit and update team on results, manages adjustments as needed.
- Follow up with clients regarding the care received from Joyful Companions.
- Must possess full operating knowledge of ClearCare scheduling system.
- Manage caregivers for all new clients and assures quality for established clients.
- Manage the overall schedule in ClearCare and provide advice to scheduling issues.
- Work effectively with a variety of groups; employees, vendors, clients and families.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy, high level of tact, professionalism, compassion and service mentality.
- Assist office staff in enforcing company policies.
- Facilitate new caregiver training orientation.
- Provide on-going caregiver coaching/training.
- Perform caregiver quality control checks/supervisory visits.
- Conduct annual caregiver reviews.
- Schedule client visits and intakes the new information (as needed).
- Assist with and follow up with potential clients.
- Assist with new client intakes.
- Attend care/discharge conferences as needed.
- Coordinate and maintains a JCHC culture and quality with existing clients regarding the care received from JCHC.
- Recommend or initiates actions to effectively and proactively service our clients in a way that ensures excellence of care.
- Assist with team protocol and procedures to gain greater efficiency and quality of scheduling/serving our clients.
- Review service, lead client satisfaction and make recommendations on increasing/and or changing care when needed.
- Perform other administrative duties and services as needed.
- Fill in as a caregiver in the field as needed.
- On-call with company phone/pager.
- Organize and maintain caregiver files and biographies.
- Engage in staff meeting about current schedule, new family shifts and ongoing Schedule needs.
- Cross-trained in various office disciplines, with ability to fill-in as needed
- Answer phones and directs calls.
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours a week.
Interested applicants should attach a resume and cover letter.
Required experience and education:
- Minimum 5 years previous management experience
- Minimum 2 years required dementia experience
- Quality and customer relations experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
Job Type: Full-time