Therapeutic Recreation, Minneapolis
Jones-Harrison is seeking a fun, energetic professional to join our dynamic Therapeutic Recreation team...
Jones-Harrison is seeking a fun, energetic professional to join our dynamic Therapeutic Recreation team. This position will be responsible to develop and conduct leisure programming for skilled care residents that will enhance their quality of life and meet their individual needs and interests. The position will be scheduled to work Days, 32 hours/week, including weekend shifts.
Our resident population includes long term care, short term rehab and memory care. Full time benefits are available at 60 hours per two week pay period. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including, medical, dental, life, voluntary programs, company matching 403(b), generous paid time off plan, emergency loans, and scholarship assistance.
Candidates must meet the following position specifications:
- B.S. Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field of study. CTRS or COTA certification preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Experience with and interest in geriatric population
- Music skills a definite plus!!
- Previous experience developing and leading leisure programming
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position with or without accommodation
- Adaptability and flexibility in dealing with changing situations
- Commitment to excellent customer service
Jones-Harrison does not discriminate in hiring or employment on any basis protected by law. Please tell us if you require any special arrangements during the interview process. All employment is at will.
Jones-Harrison is not permitted to hire individuals who may be disqualified from working with vulnerable adults because of their past criminal history. Upon conditional job offer of employment, all applicants will be subject to a background study.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, plus uniform allowance, paid training and in-services, discounted meals, on-site wellness center and scholarship opportunities. Jones-Harrison is an equal employment opportunity organization and affirmative action employer. Minority, Disability, Veteran, LGBTQ.