Admissions Nurse, St. Louis Park
The Admissions Nurse receives inquires ensuring required admission assessments and Care Plans are created, reviewing orders and following up as necessary...
Salary Range: 48000.00 To 62000.00 (USD) Annually
Close Date: 11/28/2019
Hours: 40 hours/week including weekend supervisor responsibilities
The Admissions Nurse receives inquires ensuring required admission assessments and Care Plans are created, reviewing orders and following up as necessary. The Admissions Nurse ensures room set-up, equipment and medication orders followed and completes appropriate documentation as required. This position works closely with Nurse Managers and Admissions Coordinator to ensure a smooth transition from the community to the facility.
- Perform admissions assessment responsibilities.
- Provide accurate assessment, observation and documentation of resident care upon admission.
- In collaboration with the Transitional Care Unit (TCU) Nurse Manager and TCU unit staff, determine educational barriers for new admissions in regards to discharge.*
- Ensure all newly admitted residents receive proper follow up, including 3 day and 30 day phone calls.
- Conducts observation audits on admission char as requested by TCU Nurse Manager.
- Serve as Charge of Building in the nursing department on a regular rotation.
- As appropriate, refer questions and concerns of residents and families to appropriate facility department managers.
- Assists Admissions Coordinator with facility tours to prospective residents and family members.
- Supports Admission Coordinator with Community visits as needed.
- Supports various other Nursing responsibilities as needed.
Education, Experience and Credentials
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing and currently licensed as a RN or LPN in the State of Minnesota required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with geriatric patients and one year of care plan development experience preferred.
- CPR Certification required.
Sholom is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Apply at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=01ce18ea-c523-458f-86a3-53d0a99d965d&ccId=44599811_1090&type=MP&lang=en_US