Care Center Billing Specialist, Plymouth
Presbyterian Homes Management and Services function is seeking a Full-Time Care Center Billing Specialist to join its finance team...
Presbyterian Homes Management and Services function is seeking a Full-Time Care Center Billing Specialist to join its finance team. This position is responsible billing for Care Centers at Interlude of Plymouth, but will mainly office out of the Hamline office located in Roseville.
The Care Center Billing Specialist performs a variety of general tasks including preparing Skilled Nursing bills for submission, Point Click Care payer tree set up, preparing deposits, posting cash and follow up collection activities.
Some specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assure all payers are set up correctly in Point Click Care, and that all charges fall to the appropriate payer.
- Bill all Skilled Nursing charges timely and correctly. Audit all assigned accounts to assure appropriate charges for all services delivered.
- Timely and correct application of all payments received (including ACH, EFT cash and checks).
- Timely follow up with insurance companies on unpaid claims. Timely follow up with residents on past due private pay balances. Maintain and appropriate DSO.
- Maintain accurate resident Trust accounts.
- Synergize finance team’s goals with organizational goals by actively participating in department and finance function activities, meetings, and processes. Assist in the orientation of new team members as assigned. Maintain effective communication systems with all customers and staff.
- Promote continuous self development and growth. Exhibit technical competence in the field by being familiar with and ensuring compliance with regulations and established best practices. Maintain current knowledge of community resources and organization and industry policies and practices.
- Support PHS spiritual programming; reinforce the Christian heritage and culture through communications; recognize the importance of spiritual matters to customers and employees.
- Other areas as identified to support aligned goal setting and achievement as driven by the Chief Financial Officer.
- High School Diploma required -Associate’s degree or higher in Accounting preferred.
- Two (2) to Three (3) years of healthcare billing experience required.
- Skilled Nursing billing experience highly preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party reimbursement policies required.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Point Click Care experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects, and deadlines simultaneously and to identify and resolve exceptions and to interpret data. Proficient in data entry and management.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
Apply at https://careers-preshomes.icims.com/jobs/13854/care-center-billing-specialist/job