Environmental Manager - FT Day, Maplewood
Ecumen Seasons of Maplewood seeks an Environmental Manager to join its team...
Ecumen Seasons of Maplewood seeks an Environmental Manager to join its team. Ecumen Seasons of Maplewood consists of 120 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 30 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
The Environmental Manager is responsible for managing all maintenance, housekeeping, laundry and security (if applicable) personnel while maintaining a clean, safe, and comfortable environment for residents, guests and employees.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Hires, trains and supervises maintenance, housekeeping and laundry staff to meet regulations and established departmental standards
- Develops and maintains external vendor relationships for all maintenance, custodial, grounds, housekeeping services and for monitoring all nonmedical contractors hired to perform services on the premises.
- Prepares and manages annual departmental budget.
- Ensures community property is in compliance with all appropriate regulations including local, state, and federal laws.
- Develops and maintains facility maintenance and/or programs.
- Performs regular preventative maintenance and repairs as required throughout property.
- Coordinates and/or trains all employees in building safety procedures, including in-services on the premises.
- Manages inventory control for all supplies used within department and orders supplies as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous maintenance experience
- Current valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- Technical college
- Previous supervisory experience
- Boilers license if applicable
- Previous experience working in a senior care environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability or veteran status.
We participate in E-Verify.
Apply at https://careers-ecumen.icims.com/jobs/15550/environmental-manager---ft-day/job