Activity Coordinator, Edina
English Rose Suites and b•home Home Care is seeking a self-directed, creative individual to join our team, as a full-time Activity Coordinator...
English Rose Suites and b•home Home Care is seeking a self-directed, creative individual to join our team, as a full-time Activity Coordinator.
English Rose Suites and b•home Home Care is a residential care and home care company with 5 residential care homes located in Edina, MN.
This is a full-time position – 5 days a week up to 40 hours per week (morning to evening hours) including rotating holidays and occasional weekends. This position leads meaningful engagement and activities with our residents under the direction of our Quality of Life Director. The position is focused on leading community outings, volunteering and engaging residents in group activities.
- Leads hands-on programming and activity support with residents
- Assures that the activities on the Activity Calendar are implemented in each home
- Develops activities to coordinate with the Life Stories of each resident while continuously reviewing and developing activities to surround the life story and enhance our residents’ lives
- Responsible for Montessori volunteer outings on a weekly basis
- Leads walking program
- Leads special projects as assigned and approved by the Quality of Life Director
- Brings new creative ideas to help support the activity calendar
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual
- Enthusiastic and engaging with residents
- Creative thinker who loves sharing new ideas
- Enjoys arts, crafts, baking, and music
- Music background preferred, but not required
- Experience working in a memory care or another specialized care setting
- Possess a genuine appreciation for older adults
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- HHA/CNA experienced preferred
- Two years’ experience in music, art, crafting and activities in a care based environment preferred
- Basic computer experience with Microsoft Office
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Free Life Insurance
- Excellent & Competitive Wage
- Double Time Holiday Pay
Position requires valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact, Jane Geiger, Director of Recruiting Strategy at 952.405.0388.