Clinical Coordinator, Eagan
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company...
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Supports Health and Wellness Director to manage the day-to-day healthcare operations of the community to ensure resident’s healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents and families are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as resident’s healthcare needs change. Assists management with resident retention. Partners with management to execute marketing plans and achieve community occupancy goals. Maintains and/or improves upon the occupancy level and revenue production of the community in accordance with marketing and business plans.
- Assists in the achievement of occupancy goals by monitoring the health, safety and well-being of residents, and proactively identifying those at risk for move out. Implements timely problem solving.
- Effectively explains and demonstrates to prospective residents and their families the benefits of residing and receiving care at the community. Explains the benefits of resident participation with the Personal Solutions program and the community’s preferred pharmacy.
- As allowed by the Nurse Practice Act, assists in assessing the health, functional, and psycho social status of residents. Initiates individualized Personal Service Plans and proactively manages care and services for each resident.
- Conducts Personal Service Plan reviews and updates, according to Brookdale and state requirements, to ensure residents’ service needs are met.
- Assists management with the sales process by assisting prospective residents, their family members, and/or advisors in the decision-making process by understanding their needs and educating them about the community’s services and programs. Responds promptly to inquiries. Utilizes SIMS database management system and community Blueprint to input tour notes, and plan scheduled outreach events to align with community marketing strategy. Keeps management and other key associates abreast of the status of all prospective move-ins.
- Conducts personal tours of community for prospective residents and family. Schedules meetings with department heads as requested or as deemed necessary to effectively convince potential residents of abilities to meet their residential and care needs.
- Communicates information in a timely manner to the appropriate person or agency regarding changes in residents’ health/well-being, personal needs, risk management issues, customer service issues, family, or outside health care provider concerns.
- Maintains working knowledge of all Brookdale business lines (Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing Care, Home Health, Hospice) to manage sales opportunities.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving home health care, hospice services, and other third party healthcare- related services. Partners with Brookdale Healthcare Services (BHS) and BHS Care Transition Managers to determine appropriate resident solutions.
- Coordinates and completes activities needed for a sale including conducting initial assessments or sales presentations and ensuring that the required forms are completed by the prospect, his/her physician and family prior to the move in.
- Develops and maintains relationships with and generates leads through residents, family, and professional referral sources on a weekly basis in conjunction with the Sales Manager and in alignment with community marketing plan.
- Assists management with resident retention through new resident welcome events, resident referral programs, outside community visits to current hospitalized residents, and other programs as outlined in the marketing plan or by the Regional Sales & Marketing Manager.
- Assists in the supervision of community-based licensed nursing staff, medication technicians/CMA's, and Resident Care Associates.
- Completes documentation as required by Brookdale or state regulatory agencies.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to reduce the occurrence of Worker’s Compensation claims.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Education as required to obtain state nursing license (RN) and a minimum of 1-2 years related experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Basic typing skills along with a working knowledge of personal computing and word processing software are required, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Apply at https://jobs-brookdale.icims.com/jobs/15836/clinical-coordinator/job