Activities Coordinator - Life Engagement Coordinator, Eagan
This is an exciting time to join New Perspective. We are a growing group of senior living communities located across the upper Midwest. Our growth is creating energy, excitement, and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others...
Why New Perspective Senior Living?
A career with a purpose starts here!
This is an exciting time to join New Perspective. We are a growing group of senior living communities located across the upper Midwest. Our growth is creating energy, excitement, and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. We have a culture that supports the personal and professional growth of our team members. At New Perspective you’re not just an employee, you are a valued member of our team.
We offer flexible scheduling and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time team members that includes: medical, dental, vision, free basic life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending and health reimbursement accounts. Other employee amenities include: employee and resident referral bonuses, advancement opportunities, education assistance, and much more.
- Life Engagement Coordinator
The life engagement coordinator develops and implements a “resident-centered” Life Engagement program comprised of activities and engagement opportunities for the purpose of meeting the physical, social, dining, educational, and spiritual needs and interests of residents and which also encourages interaction and cognitive stimulation. The life engagement coordinator executes Life Engagement programming in the assisted living, vivid living, and Betty’s Harbor neighborhoods. The life engagement coordinator manages life engagement coaches (“LECs”), leads by example and champions the Company’s mission, values, foundational belief, leadership pledge, and is expected to exhibit characteristics that embrace the four pillars of NPSL, to be proactive, selfless, honest and kind in all that they do.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, supervise, evaluate, and terminate LECs, and conduct retention activities.
- Work to obtain a score of 95% or greater on the Resident First Review for all departments.
- Recruit, coordinate, train and supervise all family and Community volunteers.
- Develop, publish, promote, and distribute Community calendars and newsletters to residents, families, and the greater community on a regular basis.
- Develop and execute the Seasonal Décor and 1st Impressions program.
- Monitor and communicate changes in residents’ physical, mental, and emotional abilities to participate in Life Engagement programming to the director of wellness.
- Invite caregivers to use their individual talents to provide scheduled activities.
- Partner with the director of sales to develop and implement activities/events that encourage outside community participation.
- Communicate with and coach the nursing team and caregivers on individualized Resident Service Plans as needed.
- Communicate and interact with residents, families and team members in a kind, respectful and effective way.
- Ensures 100% of all social histories are complete for all residents residing in Independent Living, Assisted Living, Vivid Living and Betty’s Harbor. Use resident social histories to create meaningful programming for residents.
- Champion hospitality and deliver excellent customer service to residents, families, visitors, and vendors.
- Attend and participate in all required trainings, team meetings, town hall meetings, online learning resources, and others as required, and ensure the same for LECs.
- High School graduate. Three or more years of management experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathy for the challenges experienced by residents and family members and the problem-solving skill sets to support them.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use a variety of electronic devices.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing using the English language.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
New Perspective Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply at https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/NEW1035NPSL/JobBoard/010c6bb6-999b-45ff-8e74-8a217ff36f22/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=199044e9-f17e-4fc2-8f4e-58cb37483ceb