A/R and Billing Supervisor, Shoreview
This position is responsible for providing supervision, leadership and training to direct and indirect reports within the Centralized Billing Office (CBO) and BHS facilities...
This position is responsible for providing supervision, leadership and training to direct and indirect reports within the Centralized Billing Office (CBO) and BHS facilities. Assist in monitoring all payers to ensure billing and claims are filed accurately and timely in compliance with Federal and State regulations. Ensure a solid accounts receivable process to minimize bad debts, provide positive cash flow to BHS facilities and ensure that BHS’s collection policy and procedure is being followed.
- Assist in the hiring of new associates; provide training, work direction and foster teamwork; conduct performance appraisals, address concerns and collaborate in resolving problems to assure BHS policy, State and Federal regulations and any other 3rd party regulations and requirements are followed.
- Supervise the accounts receivable billing and collection of payment activities for all designated payers and designated locations in order to meet and maintain BHS goals.
- Provide backup for CBO associates’ duties by performing accounts receivable procedures timely and accurately.
- Assist BHS Financial Accountants, Regional Director of Finance, Business Office and CBO associates regarding month end accounts receivable issues.
- Ensures Business Office and CBO associates are performing month-end accounts receivable procedures timely and accurately according to BHS standards.
- Organize and lead team meetings.
- Two year business or accounting degree.
- Five (5) or more years of A/R long-term healthcare billing experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in Private Pay Collections along with rules and regulations relating to Fair Credit and Collections.
- Experience in claims processing along with rules and regulations relating to Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and 3rd Party payers.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Managed Care, Medicaid and Insurance reimbursement systems, including billing forms and requirements for various 3rd party payers in the states where BHS facilities are located.
- Knowledge of and skill in using personal computers and related software for word processing (such as Word), spreadsheet (such as Excel) and accounting software such as billing and clearinghouses.
- Bachelor Degree in accounting or business administration.
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of regulations affecting facility business offices.
Apply at https://careers-bhshealth.icims.com/jobs/3380/a-r-%26-billing-supervisor/job