Building Services Associate - PT, Edina
The Building Services Associate is a key member of the property management team. The Building Services Associate provides superior customer service to residents, vendors and co-workers requiring assistance with various details related to the apartment community...
PROPERTY: Vernon Terrace of Edina – 24/7 Senior Housing
REPORTS TO: Campus Director
Every Wednesday and Friday 7:00am-3:00pm
Every Other Saturday and Sunday 3:00pm - 11:00pm
*Flexibility to add additional hours if needed
The Building Services Associate is a key member of the property management team. The Building Services Associate provides superior customer service to residents, vendors and co-workers requiring assistance with various details related to the apartment community. The role also is responsible for monitoring the premise for disturbances, lockouts or infractions of the community rules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provides excellent customer service by having a professional and service-oriented demeanor.
- Parking ramp management including addressing entry/exit problems, car counts, etc.
- Daily delivery of notices to resident’s doors
- Assist with scheduling for move-in/move-outs
- Assists residents with package pick-ups, reserving and accessing amenities and general customer service needs.
- Circulates among visitors and residents to create a feeling of hospitality and strong resident support.
- Assist residents with lock-outs, medical emergencies and calls for transportation.
- Efficiently handles and resolves resident or vendor concerns or requests for assistance.
- Responsible for control and security of building key system, including providing co-workers and vendors with key access.
- Patrols and monitors building premise to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Provides safe escort for individuals when requested.
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Assists in investigations of any unusual incidents.
- Assesses situations and appropriately escalates as needed to Property Management and/or police or fire department in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Keeps Property Management aware of any and all issues on or near the property.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- 1+ year of customer service experience
- Knowledge, experience or interest in senior living a plus
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to think quickly to solve practical problems
- Demonstrated ability to handle tasks with self-direction.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when handling stressful situations
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous manner when dealing with residents and public
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Fluent in English with strong skills in oral and written communication
Required Education or Training:
High school diploma or GED. Individual must be 21 years of age or older. Experience in law enforcement or building security is preferred. Employee must complete the provided 4 hours of initial Dementia Training within 4 weeks of hire. Must maintain 2 hours of training every 12 months thereafter.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; strength to lift and carry items weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed material and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in-person and over the telephone. Must be able to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions, including climbing stairs and walking the hallways and common areas.
Personal Protective Equipment: None.
Work Environment: Office working conditions, on property